Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a language school in Berlin for 4 weeks in the summer holidays in order to improve my German. What I'm worried about though, is that I'm only 14 and every language school I have emailed say that the average student ages are from 20-35.

ReputationRep:
    Have you applied to the language school already? Are there other people your age studying there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Have you applied to the language school already? Are there other people your age studying there?
    No, it's just going to be me. I haven't applied yet, but I have already sorted it out and will probably apply soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mionio1069)
    No, it's just going to be me. I haven't applied yet, but I have already sorted it out and will probably apply soon.
    Are you going to the Goethe institute? If you are it is a respectable language school and people all over the world go to it so there are sure to be younger people. Regardless of your age you will have fun, especially as if you are confident to go away when you are 14 you must be mature and confident😊👍 im 18 and I want to do a German course in the summer as well and I am also nervous about going
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've been to loads of summer language schools in France and Switzerland, and my sister has been to ones in Germany and Austria, and they've all been for 13-17 year olds.

If the course accepts you, then it's clearly one for teenagers.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    And just look on the website - it'll make clear what age group it is for

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.