Turn on thread page Beta

Would you ever get a rescue pet? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you ever get a rescue pet?
    yes
    100.00%
    No
    0%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Rather than buy one? I personally would, in fact i have had 6 rescue animals and 2 from a normal pet shop. I have found the rescues to be healthier in general however they do have their own issues as they are all a bit emotionally scarred.
    Would you ever consider adopting a pet? if not why? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Rather than buy one? I personally would, in fact i have had 6 rescue animals and 2 from a normal pet shop. I have found the rescues to be healthier in general however they do have their own issues as they are all a bit emotionally scarred.
    OMG totally would😊 It would make.me.so happy that I would be able to give a new light to an animal that has been unlucky or had terrible experiences ❤❤❤

Im just worried that if I went to like a shelter I would get so emotional and just want all of them and be really sad leaving others behind😢
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kraggor)
    OMG totally would😊 It would make.me.so happy that I would be able to give a new light to an animal that has been unlucky or had terrible experiences ❤❤❤

Im just worried that if I went to like a shelter I would get so emotional and just want all of them and be really sad leaving others behind😢
    i got all mine from foster carers so you pick the one you want on the website then go to pick them up from the fosterer's house, but you are right, is sad that you can only take so many :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I had planned to take one with me on a plane back to the UK, when I went to a third world country.

Animals there are really neglected and treated badly.

It was a puppy and kitten, they were so small and fragile. I wanted to sneak them in my suitcase. But the airport don't allow animals on the plane.

So what can you do.:dontknow: Such is life!

ReputationRep:
    i got all mine from foster carers so you pick the one you want on the website then go to pick them up from the fosterer's house, but you are right, is sad that you can only take so many :sad:
    Aww that is lovely to know 😊 What kind are they?

I know a baker nearby and she lost a family member last year and.found it really hard so she got 2 rescue cats and now she is a part time fosterer of rescue cats😍😍😍

I found it sad enough collecting our puppy from her family😥 I cant imagine what I would be like being around alot of lovely souls having to only pick one or.afew😭😭😭

Why cant they all have wonderful homes with caring loving people?😣

ReputationRep:
    I have an adopted bunny and seeing the change in him from when we first got him has been so incredible. He was malnourished and terrified of everyone, but if you were quiet and sat in the room with him he would eventually hop over to inspect. No stroking at all initially!

Now he’s filled out, very confident and if you go in his room and don’t give him attention he’ll bounce over and nip your ankles! So rewarding to see the positive change from a terrified abused animal into a confident happy bunny 🐰

ReputationRep:
    Got three; two dogs and a parrot.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes, and we'll probably do it again tbh. My family got a dog from one of the rescue homes when I was around 8, so had her about 10 years now (don't know how old she is as she was dumped near a road when they found her) - when we were going round looking at the dogs all the staff seemed so desperate to get them all fostered, and its so sad but a good thing to do.. My Dad still says its the best money he's ever spent. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    All the pets I have ever had have been rescued, including my 4 current cats. I firmly believe in the saying "adopt, don't shop" :yep: :love:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.