Turn on thread page Beta

So.... Iv been talking to this guy for a while now (couple of months) we started talking because I noticed he was really down about a girl who left him and I started comforting him about it and then he opened up to me about a lot of other problems he was facing. We started texting daily. Long story short he asked one night over text if we could be FWB i kinda went along cause I do really like him but then I started to feel a little crappy thinking I’d be someone’s “side chick” and I wanted more then that. I confronted him about this and he said it was more than just “casual sex” for him and he wanted to “make our connection stronger”. So being an idiot I did sleep with him (it was a terrible experience - I was in two minds and couldn’t enjoy any of it) since then Iv done a lot for him (financial help etc).... basically now I don’t know where we stand, when I ask him “what am I to you” he just says “I don’t know my minds ****ed atm” which to give him the benefit of the doubt it is because he’s going through a lot mentally but still, it makes me feel like sh*t . I sometimes think he might just be using me because I do console him a lot and I’m here for him 24/7 but he says he appreciates this and doesn’t take it for granted. It’s been two months since we went from just friends to this new weird equation we have. I’m just so lost! Are we together!? Am I a side chick!? Are we FWB!? I asked once if I was sleeping with other people would he care and he just replied I “no, not really - why do you ask” .... what do I do!????

ReputationRep:
    If your not sure where you stand then i wouldn't carry on sleeping with him. You don't want to get hurt further down the line. I wouldn't like the thought of him using you. Even though he says he appreciates it which don't get me wrong he might appreciate it, but he might just be using you as a distraction. I have to say guys are really hard to be open about feelings. My bf infuriates me sometimes because all i want him to do is tell me how he feels. Him not wanting to commit will make you feel rubbish because i think at the back of your mind, you probably do want more. I can imagine how frustrating it is when you ask him what you are too him and he says he doesn't no. I mean you said when you had sex with him for the first time, it was a terrible experience. Its not good that you feel lost and rubbish. He maybe needs to no how he makes you feel. Hope your ok x

Thanks Emily, the only thing I’m scared of is losing him because I do really like him. You’re right though I do need to speak to him but I’m kinda afraid of coming across as too full on or needy.

Just feels like a hopeless situation 😞

(Original post by EmilyLouiseR)
    If your not sure where you stand then i wouldn't carry on sleeping with him. You don't want to get hurt further down the line. I wouldn't like the thought of him using you. Even though he says he appreciates it which don't get me wrong he might appreciate it, but he might just be using you as a distraction. I have to say guys are really hard to be open about feelings. My bf infuriates me sometimes because all i want him to do is tell me how he feels. Him not wanting to commit will make you feel rubbish because i think at the back of your mind, you probably do want more. I can imagine how frustrating it is when you ask him what you are too him and he says he doesn't no. I mean you said when you had sex with him for the first time, it was a terrible experience. Its not good that you feel lost and rubbish. He maybe needs to no how he makes you feel. Hope your ok x

Yo ditch him, relationships work both ways, right now you're giving him 100% and he's giving you 0%, what's the point of this?? It's time to get self respect and say bye to this guy.

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me like he’s using you so ditch him and find someone who is worthy of you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks Emily, the only thing I’m scared of is losing him because I do really like him. You’re right though I do need to speak to him but I’m kinda afraid of coming across as too full on or needy.

Just feels like a hopeless situation 😞
    I completely understand where your coming from, you don't wanna feel like that. Its easier said than done. I think guys in general are just more reserved. I do no a few guys that are in touch with their feelings, but i also no some other girls that say their bf doesn't talk about how he feels ect. I hope you guys can work it out. Its hard when you can't physically see someone. I dont live with my bf but we live in the same town and hes only a 10 min drive away but because we dont live together, when hes quiet and doesn't wanna talk it sends my mind in all different directions and it just ends up eating me away inside to the point where i have to say something, i have to ask him why hes quiet and if hes ok, and sometimes if i get a short answer back it really bothers me, even though hes just said "im fine" to me thats not enough haha and i dont even no what i want more of, i can just tell he doesn't want to talk about it. Good Luck xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.