Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So we're half way through the courses and I've managed my time wrong all through high school nevermind sixth form. My initial options were computing and psychology A levels and chemistry AS. Now it's to a point where I'm asked to drop computing, try not to fail chemistry and smash psychology. I want to do computer science at university and I need 2 full A levels and 112 UCAS for it.
    Anyway there's around 12 weeks before AS levels. I'm well behind in chemistry and computing due to absences but do you think I can pull it back? What do I do..?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by aaarrrooonnn)
    So we're half way through the courses and I've managed my time wrong all through high school nevermind sixth form. My initial options were computing and psychology A levels and chemistry AS. Now it's to a point where I'm asked to drop computing, try not to fail chemistry and smash psychology. I want to do computer science at university and I need 2 full A levels and 112 UCAS for it.
    Anyway there's around 12 weeks before AS levels. I'm well behind in chemistry and computing due to absences but do you think I can pull it back? What do I do..?
    Half way through? You mean halfway through year 12?

Just try your best. Its a bit worrying yu wnat to do CS at degree level and thats the one you are failing?

You have P under control so you have to see if you can rescue Chem or take a fresh A level in year 13, then do it in a year.

Your alternative is to redo year 12. Its much easier to get 112 with 3 A levels than 2. It sounds to be much more realistic as well.

ReputationRep:
    OMGGGGGG!!!!!
    you have time!
    if your half way through year 12, revise as you learn things in school, start with taking notes from the textbook and adding extra things on your notes that you learnt from class. Then start exam prep on what you are learning curently.
    You have time- I know people that have gone from a U to an A* within a month by being focused
    BE FOCUSED ORGANISED AND DETERMINED.
    DONT SLACK
    and also take breaks, your not an academic robot; your a human.

ReputationRep:
    You have plenty of time. Just work hard and don't slack.
    I'm not saying it's a good idea but I finished year 12 with CDE and finished year 13 with D*BC

ReputationRep:
    dr boes notes will save you for chemistry its written by a tutor and exmaier so it only includs informaton you REALLyneed to know and includes tips .

ReputationRep:
    If ur serious about getting to a good uni, stop everything and immerse yourself into your books. yes, you got 3 months, but time will fly. Make a study timetable now and follow it strictly; less nights out, less time for fun, give up that console/tv/phone for a bit and focus all your resources into your a-levels.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Uf he's being asked to drop ccomputing an he needs 112 points from 2 A levels then that is A*A*.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by aaarrrooonnn)
    Hi there,

Have you considered getting a tutor to help you get back on track after your absences? It can be hard to make progress when you've perhaps missed some crucial earlier elements, and a tutor can help identify and improve those areas where you're struggling.

If you're interested, do have a look at the links below.

https://www.thetutorpages.com/a-level-computing-tutors

https://www.thetutorpages.com/a-level-chemistry-tutors

There are also a lot of free advice articles on these subjects, written by tutors, that you might find helpful.

Good luck!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.