Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are there any cases where (ideally) a spousal (but parent, child also) presumtion of a close tie of love and affection has been rebutted? I can't seem to find any but I am sure there must be, perhaps I am narrowing my search enough.

As it stands (preparing for a moot) I am citing Alcock for the authority that it can be rebutted and taking a hallistic approach of all the facts to logically determine a lack of a sufficiently proximate relationship.

Secondary victim claiming is the wife of the immediate victim. They have been separated for 10 years however, he has moved out of the family home and after the event they subsequently divorced (before the accident they were in divorce proceedings).

On the flip side she was still listed as his emergency contact, stayed with him overnight for a week and took him to the 'family home' for recovery after hospital discharge.

Cheers in advance

ReputationRep:
    Bump

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.