Turn on thread page Beta

Medicine work experience year 10 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’m in year 10 and am currently trying to find work experience in a hospital or GP in London but it’s proving impossible. Do you know anywhere I could go to or what I could do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by person1143)
    Hi, I’m in year 10 and am currently trying to find work experience in a hospital or GP in London but it’s proving impossible. Do you know anywhere I could go to or what I could do?
    Anywhere like hospitals and health centres won't take you until you're 16 or over, and even then it's tricky.

Some hospitals offer work experience days, but that won't help you if you need it to cover a full week or two. The best thing you can do is focus on the type of patients a doctor could have and go from there, such as volunteering in care homes, stroke or brain injury charities etc.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.