The Student Room Group

I'm creating a magazine aimed at freshers - what would you like to see in it?

I'm a second year journalism student at university and as part of one of my modules I have to create a magazine (or more generically a curatum, because it can also be any kind of print or digital product). My idea is to create a magazine, most likely digital, aimed at students who are about to start or have just started their new life at university. Alongside general articles about halls and nights out, there is going to be a focus on international and disabled students.The idea is to then associate the magazine with a youtube channel. I remember how difficult it was for me to start university as an international student with a disability. I feel like there's never enough information on these topics and I want to take this opportunity to try and change things. It's just a proposal for now, but maybe it'll be reality in a not too distant future. So, my question is mainly for freshers and freshers-to-be, but feedback from other students is also welcome. What would you like to see in the magazine? Which format would you most like to read? (e.g. print, digital, on social media, blog etc.). What would you like to know about the different aspects of being a fresher? (maybe try to think of a topic you can't find much information about). If you're no longer a fresher, what do you wish someone had told you before you started uni or during your first year?

Thanks so much in advance for your feedback.
A checklist of things you definitely need and things you won't need. I bought all my DVDs, books, shoes and most clothes only to find they're just taking up space. I could have saved so much room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending