Official 2018 Cambridge Postgraduate Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EvieinBC
Hi everyone! I've just heard back about my college finally so now I can say:

Degree: MPhil Archaeology
Applied: 13th Dec
Conditional offer made: 18th Jan
College: St. John's (!!!!!) 1st Preference, 12th Feb
Funding: waiting to hear (fingers crossed for Paskin or a Cambridge Trust)

Does anyone know how long after being accepted to a college I should expect to hear from them? By email or on CamSIS?

Hey! Give them a week's time. For my first offer I'm not too sure how long it took them to email me since I didn't check the portal. But for the second offer they made they asked me to wait a week for the email to come through. However, they sent it to me after 2 days.
(edited 6 years ago)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Gradgrrrrl
Me too a bit, that and the distance! Wow I hope we both end up going and can be college buddies. I'm assuming you're applying for the girton postgrad scholarships then?

Yeah, not ideal. I think I'd likely find private accommodation due to those two things eh. But yeah, that'd be great! :smile: Although I'm not set on going before I see the funding outcomes, as no funding would sort of make it impossible for me to take it up sadly. Yep, those! I applied to those open to all applicants, I think 3 of them. No idea how competitive those are, I'm guessing quite. You?
Reply 22
Does anyone know what happens when you receive a scholarship from a college other than the college you’ve been accepted to? I’ve just been in correspondence with someone about The 1975 Bursary at Queens’ College, which makes me think they’re considering me. I believe they give decisions about The 1975 Bursary on a rolling basis. I’ve been accepted at Fitz and have applied for funding there, but won’t know about that until around May? I also believe the full studentships at Fitz are far more competitive than The 1975 Bursary, so I’d be inclined to take the Bursary from Queens’ should I get it. :/
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by afrograd
Does anyone know what happens when you receive a scholarship from a college other than the college you’ve been accepted to? I’ve just been in correspondence with someone about The 1975 Bursary at Queens’ College, which makes me think they’re considering me. I believe they give decisions about The 1975 Bursary on a rolling basis. I’ve been accepted at Fitz and have applied for funding there, but won’t know about that until around May? I also believe the full studentships at Fitz are far more competitive than The 1975 Bursary, so I’d be inclined to take the Bursary from Queens’ should I get it. :/

I emailed Corpus Christi regarding the same thing, and they said for them to consider me for a scholarship they have to offer me membership first. And since St John's took me in first, they wont be able to do that.

Background info: On my second application Corpus was my first preference. But because for my other course St John's had already taken me in, they automatically took me in for the second course too without Corpus even processing my application.
Reply 24
Original post by Phoenix04
I emailed Corpus Christi regarding the same thing, and they said for them to consider me for a scholarship they have to offer me membership first. And since St John's took me in first, they wont be able to do that.

Background info: On my second application Corpus was my first preference. But because for my other course St John's had already taken me in, they automatically took me in for the second course too without Corpus even processing my application.

Oh, I see! It’s odd that Queens’ is considering my scholarship application then. Perhaps it depends on the college/scholarship. Congrats on St John’s, anyway!
Degree: Technology Policy
Applied: 25 November
Interviewed: 17 January
Conditional offer: 26 Jnauary
College: Emmanuel (My first Choice), 29 January
Funding: Applied for Gates and Cambridge Trust
(edited 6 years ago)
I was wondering this, too! Hopefully we’ll get an email today.

I found my college's email in my junk folder. Consider checking yours.

I think that the PDF with the explanation of the condition states that it is possible to change colleges if another college gives you significantly more funding.
(edited 6 years ago)
Congratulations to all offer holders, and wishing everybody the best of luck for funding and college decisions!

Degree: MPhil in Multidisciplinary Gender Studies
Applied: 8th November
Decision: 8th December

Degree: MPhil in Modern South Asian Studies
Applied: 9th December
Decision: 20th December

College Membership: St John's

I submitted the same research proposal for both since I can pursue the same research topic, however, I am leaning more towards the MPhil in Modern South Asian Studies. Just hoping funding comes through for it - all my decisions depend on that :smile:

Another Johnian! Hopefully I'll see you around college ☺️
I just got an answer from Peterhouse that you still get considered for their scholarship even if you're offered a different college membership, and if in March you find out you've been awarded their scholarship, you can change your college. I'm not sure if this goes for all colleges, however, but hope it helps.
Reply 29
Original post by bananyan
I just got an answer from Peterhouse that you still get considered for their scholarship even if you're offered a different college membership, and if in March you find out you've been awarded their scholarship, you can change your college. I'm not sure if this goes for all colleges, however, but hope it helps.

Awesome! Thanks.
Reply 30
Original post by GradGirlGeek
I think that the PDF with the explanation of the condition states that it is possible to change colleges if another college gives you significantly more funding.

Nah, no email on my end! Maybe tomorrow.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah, not ideal. I think I'd likely find private accommodation due to those two things eh. But yeah, that'd be great! :smile: Although I'm not set on going before I see the funding outcomes, as no funding would sort of make it impossible for me to take it up sadly. Yep, those! I applied to those open to all applicants, I think 3 of them. No idea how competitive those are, I'm guessing quite. You?

I've also been accepted by Girton (for both of the courses I applied to - I made two applications, one to Latin American Studies and a second one to Film and Screen Studies. Have you received any kind of communication from Girton?? I was accepted ages ago, and nothing on my side.
Original post by EvieinBC
Another Johnian! Hopefully I'll see you around college ☺️

Fingers crossed for that funding to come through! ☺️☺️
Nah, no email from Fitz on my end! Maybe tomorrow.

Hey! I actually never got an official email from my college it just updated on CAMSIS but I was accepted back in December... does the other Girtonian have anything to share??

Also, just to add, I was told by Trinity that their studentships are open to anyone, even if you didn't apply for the college directly so I wouldn't worry about pursuing the Queens funding.

Goooood luck. I'm so jealous you've heard form a funding place. It's been sooo many months of waiting and still nothing.

I'm in the same boat re: funding. I won't be able to go without it :frown: I also applied for all three. Lord. Keep me updated if you hear anything! Also did you get an official email from Girton or just the notice from CAMSIS?
Reply 35
Hey! I actually never got an official email from my college it just updated on CAMSIS but I was accepted back in December... does the other Girtonian have anything to share??

Also, just to add, I was told by Trinity that their studentships are open to anyone, even if you didn't apply for the college directly so I wouldn't worry about pursuing the Queens funding.

Goooood luck. I'm so jealous you've heard form a funding place. It's been sooo many months of waiting and still nothing.

Oh, that’s awesome! I’m going to apply for everything I can.

Well, I haven’t really heard anything, I was just talking to someone working in the office about a few details in my application. I’m just happy they were reading it and asking me about it haha.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by andreabcdef
I've also been accepted by Girton (for both of the courses I applied to - I made two applications, one to Latin American Studies and a second one to Film and Screen Studies. Have you received any kind of communication from Girton?? I was accepted ages ago, and nothing on my side.

I've heared nothing from Girton either, besides me emailing them to ask when we know about scholarships and the answer was June.
Finally got my offer!
PhD in Physiology, Development and Neuroscience at the Gurdon Institute
Applied: 3rd January
Degree Comittee: 6th Feb
GAO: 7th Feb
Conditional offer: 14th Feb
Full funding supplied by my supervisor following an interview I had last December

Waiting to find out my conditions and college!
Reply 38
Original post by aleatorio
Finally got my offer!
PhD in Physiology, Development and Neuroscience at the Gurdon Institute
Applied: 3rd January
Degree Comittee: 6th Feb
GAO: 7th Feb
Conditional offer: 14th Feb
Full funding supplied by my supervisor following an interview I had last December

Waiting to find out my conditions and college!

Amazing! Congrats!
Amazing! Congrats!

Thank you! So excited because I have two other friends I met during the summer in Cambridge who have also been accepted today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending