The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official 2018 Cambridge Postgraduate Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unicornmedic
Ok cool thanks for the advice, I think I had read that too somewhere so I guess I am still under consideration by my first choice. Was just wondering if there is a maximum time limit they are allowed to hold the application for? The college is the last condition I have left before my offer is confirmed so just eager to get moving!

Don’t know if there is a max time but mine was with my first choice for 5 weeks.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by threeportdrift
No, none. Out of courtesy to your contemporaries, decline as soon as you can though, because it alters the acceptance stats and they might make another offer or two.

Thanks! I was hesitant to accept my offer before I am 100% sure I could attend but at the same time I needed the unconditional acceptance to know if I could.

I have accepted the offer and now I am hoping everything works out.
Original post by bleepbloopbleep
Don’t know if there is a max time but mine was with my first choice for 5 weeks.

Did they accept you after that time?
Original post by unicornmedic
Did they accept you after that time?

No, rejected me! But then my second choice accepted me after 2 days
Original post by bleepbloopbleep
No, rejected me! But then my second choice accepted me after 2 days

oh how annoying! but nice you got your second choice. Oh well I guess I have no choice but to wait it out, but I was thinking that there must be a deadline soon for the colleges to accept people...
Hello everybody,
I’m an offer holder and they ask for a «*final grade of X%*» . My supervisor seemed to confirm that they meant final-year results but I was wondering whether they meant final cumulative grade. What do you think?
Does anyone know what the deal is with the Trust and reallocating funding? There are a couple of names on the list who have been awarded funding in my subject who I know aren’t going to take up the offer, or haven’t met the academic condition. Is there a reserve/wait list and if so is there any way of finding out if you’re on it?
To those with a conditional offer who sent their transcripts on the applicant portal: will they quibble much with a non-signed or stamped transcript? Did anyone have his transcript declined for any reason? I am trying to avoid wasting time.
Original post by Hamish Waterloo
To those with a conditional offer who sent their transcripts on the applicant portal: will they quibble much with a non-signed or stamped transcript? Did anyone have his transcript declined for any reason? I am trying to avoid wasting time.

yes they will quibble, they need a properly confirmed, stamped transcript. They decline screenshots, photocopies, things on non-headed paper etc.
yes they will quibble, they need a properly confirmed, stamped transcript. They decline screenshots, photocopies, things on non-headed paper etc.

What do you mean by photocopies? That’s the best thing I can get! «*Non-headed*»? Could you please be more specific?
What if it’s a screenshot stamped and signed?
What do you mean by photocopies? That’s the best thing I can get! «*Non-headed*»? Could you please be more specific?

FFS, it's not difficult! They want what they say they want. if you aren't sure, ask them. But it's pretty obvious that a transcript if the ultimate evidence that you have the qualifications that you have claimed in the application, and therefore it's important that they can be assured it is a legitimate document. I certainly had to submit an original, stamped document from my undergrad university, ie get the document posted from my previous Uni to me, and then posted from me on to Cambridge.

My university refused to stamp the transcript so I got them to put it in an envelope and then seal it. I got my department to stamp the seal. So be a bit creative if you have to
FFS, it's not difficult! They want what they say they want. if you aren't sure, ask them. But it's pretty obvious that a transcript if the ultimate evidence that you have the qualifications that you have claimed in the application, and therefore it's important that they can be assured it is a legitimate document. I certainly had to submit an original, stamped document from my undergrad university, ie get the document posted from my previous Uni to me, and then posted from me on to Cambridge.

As you so elegantly say, FFS, the only transcript I possess and my Uni seems to issue is the one we get online (no pdf version) that I can only screenshot, send to my Uni to stamp and sign it, and have it send back to me. I am just wondering if that’s enough since you say they do quibble about screenshots...
Original post by fofomorse
My university refused to stamp the transcript so I got them to put it in an envelope and then seal it. I got my department to stamp the seal. So be a bit creative if you have to

I am trying to! The thing is I need to confirm my admission as soon as possible and I cannot allow to waste so much time with being declined a transcript. As I said I have screenshot my transcript online and sent the pdf to my department for them to stamp sign and send it back. I am asking here if according to your experience it should work. What do you think?
I don't think a screenshot would work. I reckon you figure out what other people from your uni who went to Cambridge did. Otherwise, check if your uni is on that online transcript thingy Cambridge uses to get transcripts from other universities. Perhaps you may have luck there. The details are on your offer.
Original post by fofomorse
I don't think a screenshot would work. I reckon you figure out what other people from your uni who went to Cambridge did. Otherwise, check if your uni is on that online transcript thingy Cambridge uses to get transcripts from other universities. Perhaps you may have luck there. The details are on your offer.

Regardless they ask me to upload something so it’ll have to be the picture of something. Why do they care whether it is a screenshot with a stamp or a scanned page with a stamp as long as it shows my results with the approval of my department?
Regardless they ask me to upload something so it’ll have to be the picture of something. Why do they care whether it is a screenshot with a stamp or a scanned page with a stamp as long as it shows my results with the approval of my department?

Maybe you should just ring them up/ email them and explain. You can find the contact info on the graduate admissions website and that of our department.
Anyone have any bets on when we’ll start to hear more details about our programs or get Raven login for example? I confirmed my offer and my admission has been approved so now I’m just excitedly waiting!
Hi all,

Anyone with anymore inspiring last-minute funding? Or is it time to give up all hope?
Reply 519
I was just invited to an interview in my home country (Ireland: NUI Travelling Studentship) - it's my last shot! That might not be very inspiring as it's very country specific but you never know! I had lost all hope at this stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending