Official 2018 Cambridge Postgraduate Offer Holders Watch

aleatorio
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by afrograd)
Amazing! Congrats!
Thank you! So excited because I have two other friends I met during the summer in Cambridge who have also been accepted today!
andreabcdef
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Gradgrrrrl)
Hey! I actually never got an official email from my college it just updated on CAMSIS but I was accepted back in December... does the other Girtonian have anything to share??

Also, just to add, I was told by Trinity that their studentships are open to anyone, even if you didn't apply for the college directly so I wouldn't worry about pursuing the Queens funding.

Goooood luck. I'm so jealous you've heard form a funding place. It's been sooo many months of waiting and still nothing.
I reckon I won't be considered by Trinity, since my application to them was unsuccessful (they were my first choice for Latin American Studies). I also got an email from Churchill this morning, saying that you are only able to get a place in one college (that's why they didn't even process my application even though they were my first choice for Film and Screen Studies), and that for their scholarship they will only consider those who've been offered a place by them.

However, I do believe St. Johns considers everyone who did put them in their preferences, even if you haven't been offered a place (I emailed them, but I'm still waiting for a reply).

All best
aleatorio
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How long did people have to wait to get their offer email?
afrograd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by aleatorio)
How long did people have to wait to get their offer email?
Mine took a little over a day!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
generichandle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi all - I was accepted for the MPhil in Economic Research (Jesus) a few weeks back. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about Newton Trust/ESRC funding yet? I know it's a bit early but the wait is killing me!
todeon
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Degree: PhD in Philosophy
Applied: 26th November 2017
Conditional offer made: 14th February 2018
College: Applied to Newnham, but am yet to hear
Funding: nominated by Faculty of Philosophy for all central Cambridge funding competitions
adlasa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi!

Degree: PhD in Biological Sciences at the Department of Veterinary Medicine
Applied: December 31, 2017
Conditional offer made: February 14, 2018 (still waiting for email with conditional details and account login)
College: applied to Magdalene and Girton, still waiting to hear results
Funding: applied before funding deadline; anxiously awaiting further info on funding results

I am an international applicant. I was born in and reside in the U.S., but I also have British citizenship through my parents. Is there anyone else with a similar background or coming from the states?

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back and congratulations to everyone with offers!!
histscinerd
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Gradgrrrrl)
Hey! I actually never got an official email from my college it just updated on CAMSIS but I was accepted back in December... does the other Girtonian have anything to share??

Also, just to add, I was told by Trinity that their studentships are open to anyone, even if you didn't apply for the college directly so I wouldn't worry about pursuing the Queens funding.

Goooood luck. I'm so jealous you've heard form a funding place. It's been sooo many months of waiting and still nothing.
Are you sure this for all Trinity studentship? The website says: 'Applicants wishing to be considered for the External Research Studentships, the Krishnan-Ang Studentships and the TCA Bursaries in Economics and Finance, should indicate Trinity as the College of first preference on their application to the University for admission'
carlagalvan
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Has anyone applied to Queens College? Just got accepted yesterday!
afrograd
Rep:
?
Finally got a letter from Fitz!
aleatorio
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Finally got a letter from Fitz!
Congrats! How long were you waiting?
afrograd
Rep:
?
Congrats! How long were you waiting?
Thanks! A little under a week.
Gradgrrrrl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by histscinerd)
Are you sure this for all Trinity studentship? The website says: 'Applicants wishing to be considered for the External Research Studentships, the Krishnan-Ang Studentships and the TCA Bursaries in Economics and Finance, should indicate Trinity as the College of first preference on their application to the University for admission'
Hi correction I was told by email that the Dunlevie King's Hall Studentships did not require trinity as a college preference. I don't know about the other ones, since I personally dont meet their criteria. The deadline for Dunlevie passed January 19th I think.
Gradgrrrrl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Do y'all know if any scholarships at this point are given out as part of a conditional offee? Or are they all received after your offer via email etc. as separate things?

Thanks for all the info/support.
aleatorio
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Application portal has updated to say I've been allocated a college but I havent gotten my offer email yet so I cant access Self Service to find out what college! I only got my offer yesterday, so I think its safe to assume I got my first choice; Corpus Christi!
aleatorio
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Has anyone else you applied for a PhD had their course on their offer be stated as "PhD (Probationary)"?
I believe it just means after the first year I have to defend the PhD to register fully as a PhD student, but is this common/standard or is there a reason for it?
fofomorse
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ilaria95)
Hello everyone!
I got an offer for an Mphil in Education (Research in second language education), I was wondering if anyone was asked to write an extra paper ( a 500 words critique) after submitting the application, at the Degree Committee stage. I was asked so, and after submitting that as well, I moved to conditional offer made in two days, I'm just trying to figure out the reason why
Hey Ilaria, we were asked to write one as part of the application phase. It was a critique of a chapter from some journal. This is mphil in education, globalization and international development, though.
threeportdrift
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Has anyone else you applied for a PhD had their course on their offer be stated as "PhD (Probationary)"?
I believe it just means after the first year I have to defend the PhD to register fully as a PhD student, but is this common/standard or is there a reason for it?
That's progress! Your official status as a first year PhD student used to be the snappily titled 'Not at first registered for any degree' and you only got to call yourself a PhD student after you'd passed your first year upgrade!
afrograd
Rep:
?
Are any of you applying for Postgraduate Loans from Student Finance/Career Development Loans from Co-Op incase you don’t get funding?
camstudent
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Are any of you applying for Postgraduate Loans from Student Finance/Career Development Loans from Co-Op incase you don’t get funding?
Would be very interested if anyone has information about that Professional and Career Development Loan!!
1) As a science graduate who has not yet been employed would I be eligible?
2) How do they decide whether any given programme is likely to increase my employability?
3) How do you prove that you'd like to work in the UK afterwards?
4) What if plans change and you continue onto more further study instead of employment after the given programme?
5) Is Cambridge on the Professional and Career Development register, and if so, does that mean that any MPhil at Cambridge is eligible?
6) Do you determine how much you want to borrow (with the absolute limit of 10k) and therefore can it go towards living costs as well as the tuition fees?

Would be grateful if anyone has insight on any of the above numbered questions!

Ps. I'm interested because it may be more manageable to have a lump sum available at the start for eg. the university composition fee and to pay it off in instalments after the programme! (albeit with interest)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (260)
26.67%
No (715)
73.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed