Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielflynn)
    I got an email from Anna Fox this morning informing me I won't be considered for AHRC/Cambridge Trusts funding (for MPhil in English). I've emailed back to ask whether this also rules out college funding. Will post an update when I hear back. Has anyone else heard?

Update: I've just had another email to say I will still be considered for college funding, so don't lose hope if you get the same email.
    Hi! I'm also a prospective English MPhil student at St. John's (American Lit), and I received the same email today, unfortunately. Fingers crossed St. John's is feeling generous.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone who got accepted by Christ’s College up to now?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afrograd)
    No word on my supervisor yet (MPhil). I think ours takes a little longer.
    Hi! On self service when I click on "print certificate of offer" it had my supervisor listed already! Not sure if this is the same for everyone as I put this supervisor down in my application and contacted them before but it's worth checking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gradgrrrrl)
    Hi! On self service when I click on "print certificate of offer" it had my supervisor listed already! Not sure if this is the same for everyone as I put this supervisor down in my application and contacted them before but it's worth checking.
    Mine isn’t on there! I did specify a preferred supervisor, but he’s the head of the dpmt so it’s unlikely lol.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what "Awaiting approval by GAO" means?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STNick450)
    anyone know what "Awaiting approval by GAO" means?
    It means the Graduate Admissions Office is looking over your documents and you should expect an offer soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimpatel)
    It means the Graduate Admissions Office is looking over your documents and you should expect an offer soon!
    So offer of acceptance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gradgrrrrl)
    This worked for me!!!! Thank you so much, probably would not have figured that out haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STNick450)
    So offer of acceptance?
    Indeed, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekchloe)
    This worked for me!!!! Thank you so much, probably would not have figured that out haha.
    Yay, it worked for me too! I listed two potential supervisors on my application, so it's really good to see who they allocated (one of my pathway's course organisers!) Thank you Gradgrrrl for the tip!!

ReputationRep:
    Of course ya'll! I only noticed it myself because I had to use the certificate to prove admission for an external funding source.

(Original post by Starbuck22)
    Yay, it worked for me too! I listed two potential supervisors on my application, so it's really good to see who they allocated (one of my pathway's course organisers!) Thank you Gradgrrrl for the tip!!

ReputationRep:
    How long has it taken people to hear back from colleges? I'm quite anxious about funding deadlines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noumenon)
    How long has it taken people to hear back from colleges? I'm quite anxious about funding deadlines.
    do we have to accept our offer or do anything else in the self-service portal for the college assignment process to start? or does it just start automatically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albertocaeiro)
    do we have to accept our offer or do anything else in the self-service portal for the college assignment process to start? or does it just start automatically?
    It stars automatically! I was worried about that too since I have some conditions that might take some time to fulfill but I ended up getting an offer from St. John's about 3 and a half weeks after my offer from the university (before I accepted my offer).

ReputationRep:
    Just got accepted by Trinity Hall (1st choice) 🙌

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelusa)
    Just got accepted by Trinity Hall (1st choice) 🙌
    I’m currently waiting on trinity hall! How long were you under consideration by colleges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvieinBC)
    It stars automatically! I was worried about that too since I have some conditions that might take some time to fulfill but I ended up getting an offer from St. John's about 3 and a half weeks after my offer from the university (before I accepted my offer).
    Was that one of your two preferences or was it allocated? Trying to gauge time scales, also would be a great allocation!

ReputationRep:
    Applied: October 11th, 2017
    Interview: October 27th, 2017
    Degree Committee: November 24th, 2017
    GAO: January 11th, 2018
    Conditional Offer: February 9th, 2018
    College: Trinity Hall (February 14th)

ReputationRep:
    Applied: November 19th or 20th
    Degree Committee: Feb 9th
    GAO: Feb 12
    Offer: Feb 21
    College: waiting, applied to Selwyn and Newnham

ReputationRep:
    Heads up - they've started updating the Cambridge Trust awarded funding page now --> https://www.cambridgetrust.org/scholars/awards/. One more thing to keep an eye on!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.