Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mythrandir)
    PhD in archaeology im waiting for the central funding results🍀 Are you funded by the project that you will be a part of or by an external funding? Very lucky🍀
    Ah cool! I'm doing a PhD in Neuroscience/Stem cell biology.. My PI had funding for a student, so I had funding before I even applied to Cambridge - definitely lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleatorio)
    Ah cool! I'm doing a PhD in Neuroscience/Stem cell biology.. My PI had funding for a student, so I had funding before I even applied to Cambridge - definitely lucky!
    Congratulations! Were you already a Cambridge student? It is quite a success, getting the only studentship position among many applicants.🍀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mythrandir)
    Congratulations! Were you already a Cambridge student? It is quite a success, getting the only studentship position among many applicants.🍀
    No, I'm from Ireland, though I was working in a different lab in Cambridge during the summer to get a feel for the place. I actually have no idea if many people applied for the place, I've convinced myself I likely only got it because noone else applied!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleatorio)
    No, I'm from Ireland, though I was working in a different lab in Cambridge during the summer to get a feel for the place. I actually have no idea if many people applied for the place, I've convinced myself I likely only got it because noone else applied!
    Be sure if it's advertised, many people must have applied congratulations again! Fingers crossed for the rest of us in the funding competition 🍀

ReputationRep:
    Hi, great to hear from everyone!

Degree: MPhil Public Policy
    Applied: Mid Nov
    Conditional offer made: Mid Dec
    College: Darwin, start Jan
    Funding: didn't apply for any

Anyone else in Darwin College or who knows what it's like to be there?

ReputationRep:
    Any news on Gates here - they should have gone out at the end of last week or early this week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocApp18)
    Any news on Gates here - they should have gone out at the end of last week or early this week?
    I have been constantly checking my email since last week hoping for an interview invite. I know that the chances are very slim but I cannot help it.

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for this afternoon for Gates, social sciences panel.....and freaking out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekchloe)
    I got an interview for this afternoon for Gates, social sciences panel.....and freaking out
    Hi congratulations! Is the interview taking place today or you got the invite today?

ReputationRep:
    Hi congratulations! Is the interview taking place today or you got the invite today?
    Clearly the shock is such that I can't write, hahahaha. I got the invite today; the interview is the end of the month. My bad! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Clearly the shock is such that I can't write, hahahaha. I got the invite today; the interview is the end of the month. My bad! Thanks
    Congratulations! This must feel great.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradGirlGeek)
    Congratulations! This must feel great.
    Congratulations!! Well done!
    Thanks!! <3 Honestly was not expecting this. Mostly just freaking out.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Degree: MPhil Economic Research
    Decision: January 16th
    College: St. Edmund's
    Funding: Waiting to hear

ReputationRep:
    Well done on Gates invitations! Was put forward by department for Gates and Cambridge Trust but haven't heard anything yet. Got accepted at Trinity yesterday. Nervous waits...

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all of you who got shortlisted! Out of curiosity, how many Gates interviewees get the scholarship? The website strongly emphasizes the brutal competition to reach the scholarship stage.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats @ Gates interviewees!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bicmark)
    Congrats to all of you who got shortlisted! Out of curiosity, how many Gates interviewees get the scholarship? The website strongly emphasizes the brutal competition to reach the scholarship stage.
    35 Americans were accepted this year and 55 international students will get the scholarship.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got an offer or heard anything from gonville & cauis yet?

ReputationRep:
    Degree: PhD in Philosophy
    Applied: 4th December 2017
    Conditional offer made: 14th February 2018
    College: Girton (1st preference and I taught at a secondary school named after Girton so I'm stoked about the offer!)
    Funding: Invited to interview for Gates (!!!) and nominated by my Faculty for the central Cambridge funding competitions

Has anyone been offered the Cambridge International Scholarship or know the chances of being offered one if you're offered a Gates interview? I know the criteria is different but I'm hoping there's some cross over?? I've heard the CIS offers are starting to go out via email too but nothing in my inbox yet :erm:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.