Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE tips watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im taking my gcses this year and am very worried as i find it hard to sit down and revise, does anyone have any revison tips or any recommended youtube videos or people that are helpful etc

ReputationRep:
    Make your revision as interactive as possible - means you get the most out of it and it is also more engaging so should reduce your problem of struggling to sit down and revise. Also, try and make a timetable, as once you've given some structure to your revision it makes it easier to sit down and commit to it.
    I've heard really good reviews of this site: https://goo.gl/4B1aCq which only launches in March but some people have trialled it early and say it's great as includes explanations, testing, youtube clips etc. And is free.
    There are some revision resources that you pay for (eg. GCSEpod) but I always think they're not worth the spend...
    And then youtubers are also a very good source of information as they explain things in different ways, giving a new perspective which can be easier to understand / remember... Would recommend people like ScienceWithHazel, Khan Academy. FreeScienceLessons are quite dull but give the information pretty well. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i use an app called forest, where it times how long you study and it grows a little tree each time, kits quite cute and it motivates me

ReputationRep:
    I use get revising and youtube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yipyipee)
    i use an app called forest, where it times how long you study and it grows a little tree each time, kits quite cute and it motivates me
    Ah okay thank you!! Will download it and give it a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MimiSeneca)
    Make your revision as interactive as possible - means you get the most out of it and it is also more engaging so should reduce your problem of struggling to sit down and revise. Also, try and make a timetable, as once you've given some structure to your revision it makes it easier to sit down and commit to it.
    I've heard really good reviews of this site: https://goo.gl/4B1aCq which only launches in March but some people have trialled it early and say it's great as includes explanations, testing, youtube clips etc. And is free.
    There are some revision resources that you pay for (eg. GCSEpod) but I always think they're not worth the spend...
    And then youtubers are also a very good source of information as they explain things in different ways, giving a new perspective which can be easier to understand / remember... Would recommend people like ScienceWithHazel, Khan Academy. FreeScienceLessons are quite dull but give the information pretty well. Good luck!
    Thank you loads!!! Will look into what youve suggested, thanks again!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.