Turn on thread page Beta

3 years ago, i was kind of popular on this site and i would have long random conversations with this guy and what i liked was he was just like me. Extremely weird. We would say the most random stuff. Anyways, i deleted my account and like a year later made a new one and followed him on it. We never spoke or anything. This time i wasnt popular at all. Then i recently said “hows your little cute nephew you used to talk about” and he laughed and responded and then it ended there. Then like a few weeks later he messaged me and blah blah. Anyways ive now added him on everything and we talked about everything. I also mentioned how broke i was and i need money. And he was like i can help. He lives in america and has a car and everything. I said no way. He said, what is it youre struggling with? I said i need a laptop to do work. And i have no time to get a job at the moment. He said he’ll pay me half the money this week and the other another week. I said no way because i would feel so bad and my mum would wonder where i got the money. But ive been thinking about it, and i need the money. Hes a really good online friend. And hes just being so nice and willing. Would it be wrong for me to take his money? And if i did, how would i tell my parents? They will kill me if they found out a guy paid me money to get a laptop

Not this site by the way

ReputationRep:
    no don't ask for money from random people on the internet

ReputationRep:
    Nope! this sounds like a very bad idea. Besides it's YOUR laptop and YOU should be the one to pay for it. If you can't afford it then ask your parents to loan you the money but make sure you pay it back.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

No don’t take it unless you gon pursue something with him in the future.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.