Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hiya, I'm a 17 year old female doing my as levels this year. I do physics chemistry maths and business studies. I'm here to see if anyone at all can help me or relate to my issues. basically I'm rubbish in exams under exam conditions. ive recently took mock as levels and got physics =U maths=U chemistry=U and business=A. I knew all my content before going into the exam and was fully prepared. I revised to my fullest extent. although I find I can revise all day long and the day after I can remember nothing. I told my teachers this and they let me sit another test in each of my subjects not in the exam hall not with other students on my own in a room with the teacher where I have no pressure my results where straight A's this gave me confidence that I can do the work I just cant sit exams which leaves me with a bit of a situation as I cant put on my CV I know newtons laws just not under pressure and exam stress. I want to be in engineering and do not know which was is up as I feel I'm a bit of a failure at the moment. I go to a private school so the pressure from home is there to achieve too or the threat of pulling me out of school arises. I have problems with revising and I have problems with staying focused although I do not have a boyfriend and am currently not on any social media. I do not have any set hobbies as they change from time to time as I live along way from my school so I get up at half 5 everyday and get home at 6 . during the winter months this is very stresfull especially during exams when you have to revise but are getting up very early and having to then go to bed at 9 o clock to then just get out of bed in the morning. I really need help o exam pressures and if there is any way I would beable to sit my exams in a room alone not in the exam hall with an exam officer if needed.There is nothing I can change due to where I live and commute from and to.how do others revise for as exams and how do you deal with the pressure. and because theres such a huge difference between my results under pressure in the exam hall and not in the exam hall pressure would the exam boards do anything to help?

ReputationRep:
    You can sit exams in small rooms, but this requires a doctors note and usually a diagnosis of something anxiety related that means you physically struggle to cope in a hall. If you do have something like this by all means speak to the exam office about this and they will tell you what you need to do.

If you struggle to fit in revision then I highly suggest you use your frees for it. You could also revise whilst on your commute if it is by train or bus. However, from the sounds of it what you need practise on is exam technique until it becomes second nature to you that you can perform just as well in your real exams under the pressure.

Do not stress about mocks. You will be so much more fully prepared for your real ones that you are bound to fare better in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xEmilyxx)
    You can sit exams in small rooms, but this requires a doctors note and usually a diagnosis of something anxiety related that means you physically struggle to cope in a hall. If you do have something like this by all means speak to the exam office about this and they will tell you what you need to do.

If you struggle to fit in revision then I highly suggest you use your frees for it. You could also revise whilst on your commute if it is by train or bus. However, from the sounds of it what you need practise on is exam technique until it becomes second nature to you that you can perform just as well in your real exams under the pressure.

Do not stress about mocks. You will be so much more fully prepared for your real ones that you are bound to fare better in them.

thank you so much ! its nice to know something can be done about it i will make a doctors appointment today . thank you so much for your reply x

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.