Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there student room,

I was wondering what peoples views were who are staying there or have stayed at Butler ? What is the college like/ socially/ musically / rooms/ value for money? I was torn between Butler and Collingwood initially wanting to go to Collingwood. In the end I could not justify the money paid for the accommodation at Collingwood so decided for Butler instead. I`m still not sure if I`ve made the right decision and wondered what other people thoughts were regarding this?

The accommodation was proving a real important factor in deciding on Durham or not as the course is fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Bit of a mixed bad of reviews here ... https://www.studentcrowd.com/hall-l1...versity-durham

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm a current student at Butler and I'd thoroughly recommend it - although I'm sure if you asked someone from Collingwood then they would say theirs is best too..

I think self catering is a huge advantage. College food is not of the highest standard, you can make significant savings by being smart with your money and cooking for yourself - if you're looking to get involved in music and societies too then there's every chance that you could miss meal times in college, not an issue that you'd have at Butler.

En Suite rooms are a big positive as well, I have seen a lot of people on here thinking that it won't matter that much but trust me, you'd rather have your own little shower and toilet than have to share with a whole corridor!

Anyway, don't just take my word for it.. see the link
    https://www.timeshighereducation.com...ation-halls-uk

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.