Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got accepted to University of Essex last week! I'm from the United States and wanted some advice on what happens after I graduate and going through the OTED process to come back to the US.

Anyone else get accepted to Essex for 2018?

Thanks,

Danielle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielleelyse3)
    Just got accepted to University of Essex last week! I'm from the United States and wanted some advice on what happens after I graduate and going through the OTED process to come back to the US.

Anyone else get accepted to Essex for 2018?

Thanks,

Danielle
    I'm also from the U.S. and just got accepted to Brunel for the MSc but they are accredited in the U.S. and I won't have to go through the OTED process but I did look into it when I was considering going through the process. On a facebook group I'm in I was taking to a girl who went to school in Australia and she said that you have to take some continuing education classes to make up for anything your program doesn't cover that is covered in the U.S. since O.T. practice is slightly different in each country.

Also, did you apply to Brunel? You should consider if not. You wouldn't have to worry about going through that process (which it also expensive) if you did. But still worth it and doable if you don't. Best of Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyaira)
    I'm also from the U.S. and just got accepted to Brunel for the MSc but they are accredited in the U.S. and I won't have to go through the OTED process but I did look into it when I was considering going through the process. On a facebook group I'm in I was taking to a girl who went to school in Australia and she said that you have to take some continuing education classes to make up for anything your program doesn't cover that is covered in the U.S. since O.T. practice is slightly different in each country.

Also, did you apply to Brunel? You should consider if not. You wouldn't have to worry about going through that process (which it also expensive) if you did. But still worth it and doable if you don't. Best of Luck!

I saw that Brunel was accredited in the U.S. actually working on my personal statement to give them to now. Fingers crossed I get an interview from them too. If not, definitely excited I at least got into somewhere this year and won't mind having to take a few extra classes as long as I get my Master's in Occupational Therapy. I have been trying to get into the states for the past two years and just has not worked out for me.

What Facebook group are you using?

Thanks,

Danielle

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.