The Student Room Group

MSc Occupational Therapy at Essex 2018

Just got accepted to University of Essex last week! I'm from the United States and wanted some advice on what happens after I graduate and going through the OTED process to come back to the US.

Anyone else get accepted to Essex for 2018?

Thanks,

Danielle
Original post by danielleelyse3
Just got accepted to University of Essex last week! I'm from the United States and wanted some advice on what happens after I graduate and going through the OTED process to come back to the US.

Anyone else get accepted to Essex for 2018?

Thanks,

Danielle

I'm also from the U.S. and just got accepted to Brunel for the MSc but they are accredited in the U.S. and I won't have to go through the OTED process but I did look into it when I was considering going through the process. On a facebook group I'm in I was taking to a girl who went to school in Australia and she said that you have to take some continuing education classes to make up for anything your program doesn't cover that is covered in the U.S. since O.T. practice is slightly different in each country.

Also, did you apply to Brunel? You should consider if not. You wouldn't have to worry about going through that process (which it also expensive) if you did. But still worth it and doable if you don't. Best of Luck!
Original post by Kyaira
I'm also from the U.S. and just got accepted to Brunel for the MSc but they are accredited in the U.S. and I won't have to go through the OTED process but I did look into it when I was considering going through the process. On a facebook group I'm in I was taking to a girl who went to school in Australia and she said that you have to take some continuing education classes to make up for anything your program doesn't cover that is covered in the U.S. since O.T. practice is slightly different in each country.

Also, did you apply to Brunel? You should consider if not. You wouldn't have to worry about going through that process (which it also expensive) if you did. But still worth it and doable if you don't. Best of Luck!

I saw that Brunel was accredited in the U.S. actually working on my personal statement to give them to now. Fingers crossed I get an interview from them too. If not, definitely excited I at least got into somewhere this year and won't mind having to take a few extra classes as long as I get my Master's in Occupational Therapy. I have been trying to get into the states for the past two years and just has not worked out for me.

What Facebook group are you using?

Thanks,

Danielle
Reply 3
Hi Danielle, I got accepted into the MSc OT program at University of Essex for 2019. I am also from the US. Did you end up going? If so, could you could tell me about the course? I looked through the university website, but the course structure descriptions were vague. I know OT in the US is a little different and that you would have to take extra courses before being eligible to take the NBCOT. The process could take over a year, but I think it’s worth it. Hoping we could connect. I will be there in a few months! Jasmin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending