Turn on thread page Beta

Mitigation methods for tropical revolving storm effects?? watch

ReputationRep:
    What methods are used to reduce the impact of effects of tropical revolving storms??
    Thanks!
    Xxx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    structural measures i.e. reinforcing buildings, flood defences. these can help protect against winds and flooding. also monitoring the storms- HICs especially will have satellites and technology to monitor it. one way that storms are monitored that i thought was cool is the use of aircraft. planes basically fly through the storm to detect the wind speeds, pressure etc and see how bad the storm is. governments usually issue a storm warning so people can prepare. also in places that get storms frequently people are often educated about the impacts of a tropical storm and what to do in one. they might have emergency procedures and the like which reduces death tolls. secondary effects can also be reduced a lot more in HICs because they have the money and resources to prevent further damage such as spreading of disease. i probs missed something but if you're looking at mitigation of anything i use the acronym MPPP - monitoring, prediction, protection and planning. hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    thank you! this helped a bunch xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.