Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Hi all,

I was just wondering whether my chances of receiving an offer for this course were likely? It's requirements are ABB, but I received ABC?

The UCAS offer calculator said I had a 90% chance of receiving an offer - but they said that about Birmingham and I got rejected for the same requirements...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
    Hi all,

I was just wondering whether my chances of receiving an offer for this course were likely? It's requirements are ABB, but I received ABC?

The UCAS offer calculator said I had a 90% chance of receiving an offer - but they said that about Birmingham and I got rejected for the same requirements...
    Make an informal enquiry to the course organiser.
    Make sure the rest if your application is good.
    You might have considerd a resit for one.
    You might wnat to see if they do the course plus a foundation year or an EPQ might have made a difference. If you have had your results since last year then you missed a trick by not bridging the gap with soemthing else.

The best way is just to build up some rapport and informally enquire before you actually apply as they can tell you one way or another and that stops you wasting a choice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a bit confused. Do you already have your A Level results?

I'm currently studying BSc Archaeology at Cardiff. My offer requirement was ABB in A levels but I got BCC and was still accepted. I was rejected from Nottingham University even though their requirements were lower than Cardiff. Sometimes factors like applicant numbers, the strength of your personal statement, and the subjects your A Levels are in can affect whether you are successful with an offer.

Hope this helps,
    Kate.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by KateLan)
    Hi, I'm a bit confused. Do you already have your A Level results?

I'm currently studying BSc Archaeology at Cardiff. My offer requirement was ABB in A levels but I got BCC and was still accepted. I was rejected from Nottingham University even though their requirements were lower than Cardiff. Sometimes factors like applicant numbers, the strength of your personal statement, and the subjects your A Levels are in can affect whether you are successful with an offer.

Hope this helps,
    Kate.
    Yeah I'm on my gap year - I got my A level results in August 2017 - ABC (A in history)

That helps, thanks. I might give them a ring and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
    Yeah I'm on my gap year - I got my A level results in August 2017 - ABC (A in history)

That helps, thanks. I might give them a ring and ask.
    I would definitely phone the admissions department and speak to someone about confirming the offer. Seeing as you already have your results and the fact you did so well, you should have no problem getting a place at Cardiff.

Good luck,
    Kate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.