Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I'm applying for student finance for 2018/19. I have previously been to uni (only for a month) in 2016 and back then I got the maximum maintenance loan (8k). After filling out the application now though it says the 'higher amount of maintenance loan' I'm applying for would be 'up to 4.7k'.
    I don't understand how it's now so low when the only information I've given at this point is the exact same as last time. I haven't even given my parent's financial information yet so I don't know what could've impacted it in this way?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Sbbh)
    Hi,

So I'm applying for student finance for 2018/19. I have previously been to uni (only for a month) in 2016 and back then I got the maximum maintenance loan (8k). After filling out the application now though it says the 'higher amount of maintenance loan' I'm applying for would be 'up to 4.7k'.
    I don't understand how it's now so low when the only information I've given at this point is the exact same as last time. I haven't even given my parent's financial information yet so I don't know what could've impacted it in this way?
    Hi Sbbh,

If you have not provided your parent's financial information yet, the system will only confirm the non means tested amount of Maintenance Loan at this point in the application process.
    If you want to know how much funding your maybe eligible to receive, you can use the Student Finance calculator on our website.

Here is the below link
    http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi Sbbh,

If you have not provided your parent's financial information yet, the system will only confirm the non means tested amount of Maintenance Loan at this point in the application process.
    If you want to know how much funding your maybe eligible to receive, you can use the Student Finance calculator on our website.

Here is the below link
    http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks

Louise
    Thank you for your response. Yes, exactly my point - I thought it'd state the 'higher amount of maintenance loan' as 'up to £8,700' (which is the maximum maintenance loan for someone studying outside of London and not living at home) as the non means tested amount.
    When I used the Student Finance Calculator £8,700 is what was stated I could be eligible to receive. Considering it is this early in the process of my application for finance (without them having my parent's financial information etc) I don't know why it's stated that my higher amount of maintenance loan would be 'up to £4,739'. Any idea why it says this?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.