The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Average lecture week timetable: Real Estate

Hi there,

I have just been given an unconditional place to study real estate at Reading starting September 18.
I am a mature student with other responsibilities and need to ensure that those are taken care of before accepting.
Could anyone provide me with an idea of the average lecture week schedule/timetable? This would help me plan and make my decision.

Thank you.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Harley1992
Hi there,

I have just been given an unconditional place to study real estate at Reading starting September 18.
I am a mature student with other responsibilities and need to ensure that those are taken care of before accepting.
Could anyone provide me with an idea of the average lecture week schedule/timetable? This would help me plan and make my decision.

Thank you.

Hi there!

Congratulations on the offer!
Sorry we missed this thread earlier!

I can ask any of the other ambassadors and see if anyone studies Real Estate to make sure I can give you an accurate answer.

Each course differs with contact hours.
For my course, (Philosophy) there isn't as many contact hours in university as we are expected to do a lot of independent study outside of lectures. However, this will differ from course to course.

I will get back to you once I have an answer!
In the mean time, do you have any other questions relating to life at Reading?

Sophie
Final year Philosophy student :smile:
You may get a rough idea from someone but bear in mind that courses get tweaked and actual timetables aren't finalised until about a fortnight before term starts - it is to do with managing staff time/ room bookings and different students on joint degrees.
Original post by Harley1992
Hi there,

Thank you.

Hi again,

I have been in touch with a second year student at the university who has helped me answer your question.

They said: "In first year the average number of lectures a week were about 12-14 hours. These were spread evenly over the working week. Wednesday afternoons were free due to being a sports afternoon. In my first year lectures could be anytime between 9am-6pm. Also something to note is that every week is not always the same"

Hopefully this gives you a rough idea that there are quite a few hours of lectures per week. However, as someone has commented this can vary from year to year. So, unfortunately it is hard to give a definite answer as to the hours.

Everyone has Wednesday afternoon off for taking parts in sports or societies, so that is one day for definite you'll know that you won't have lectures.

Hope this helped! Any further questions feel free to ask!

Sophie
Final year Philosophy student :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending