Turn on thread page Beta

Farming watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to own a farm and live off the land, farm fruits, vegetables and plants which take technical skill as well as labour. I want to farm animals, but never mass slaughter, only a hunt on special occasions; if I farm animals I want to make sure the animals are happy so I deserve what I farm morally. If I want milk, I'll buy two cows who mate well and have them breed if they want to so milk is deserved.

I want to own a farm so that I eat and drink what I work on, produce little waste and have a cosy farm experience – lot's of nice views, a view of the land and woodland perhaps. Have a farmer family who eat fine food, are outgoing, adventurous, hard working, and kind to the world.

Part of the experience I like is the selections of things we can produce with all the stock of fruits, vegetables, plants, etc. Selections of jams, soups, bread, cold foods, and milk, eggs, meat etc; special meals can be made on a regular basis and you can become quite an advanced cook. I also like the experience of animals who co-operate with you, making sure they're okay and happy. The nature of living on a farm in the middle of no-where is also attractive, so you're cosy with your family.

I would drive as little as possible by stocking well, perhaps becoming self supporting with good seeds.

The farming experience of sewing seeds and harvesting also sounds mildly entertaining, it keeps you fit as well as fed.

Anyone interested, or interested in this type of lifestyle?

Computers could also be used to earn money from home while farming, or my famous Mind Computer concept.

ReputationRep:
    Funny, I know someone who is at Cirencester because he wants to be a farmer and he’s very passionate about doing everything himself
    You remind me of him lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I live in the middle of nowhere and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. In a farmhouse on a defunct farm in fact.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.