Farming Watch

trapeeze
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to own a farm and live off the land, farm fruits, vegetables and plants which take technical skill as well as labour. I want to farm animals, but never mass slaughter, only a hunt on special occasions; if I farm animals I want to make sure the animals are happy so I deserve what I farm morally. If I want milk, I'll buy two cows who mate well and have them breed if they want to so milk is deserved.

I want to own a farm so that I eat and drink what I work on, produce little waste and have a cosy farm experience – lot's of nice views, a view of the land and woodland perhaps. Have a farmer family who eat fine food, are outgoing, adventurous, hard working, and kind to the world.

Part of the experience I like is the selections of things we can produce with all the stock of fruits, vegetables, plants, etc. Selections of jams, soups, bread, cold foods, and milk, eggs, meat etc; special meals can be made on a regular basis and you can become quite an advanced cook. I also like the experience of animals who co-operate with you, making sure they're okay and happy. The nature of living on a farm in the middle of no-where is also attractive, so you're cosy with your family.

I would drive as little as possible by stocking well, perhaps becoming self supporting with good seeds.

The farming experience of sewing seeds and harvesting also sounds mildly entertaining, it keeps you fit as well as fed.

Anyone interested, or interested in this type of lifestyle?

Computers could also be used to earn money from home while farming, or my famous Mind Computer concept.
username3789168
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Funny, I know someone who is at Cirencester because he wants to be a farmer and he’s very passionate about doing everything himself
You remind me of him lol
username3789168
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I live in the middle of nowhere and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. In a farmhouse on a defunct farm in fact.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads