[SPORT RELIEF GOLDEN THREAD]Go-to activites to cheer yourself up? watch

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Exercise is a great way improve your mental health and wellbeing in the long term, but also just to cheer you up when you're feeling a bit rubbish.

Personally, I find sticking a right bopper on and having a dance is an easy way to lift my spirits. It gets my heart going, clears my head a bit, and it's great fun.

What activities do you do to cheer yourself up?

Check out the other GOLDEN THREADS here >>
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I get you with the music. The Lion King puts me in a good mood in the morning.

I really should exercise more though.:emo:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Typically I go and put on my favourite movie (it's LOTR, spoilers) or go find a book that captures my interest - and that can be anything.

But sometimes it's exercise that I find myself heading to - usually the Just Dance games on the Switch, or archery.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Exercise is a great way improve your mental health and wellbeing in the long term, but also just to cheer you up when you're feeling a bit rubbish.

Personally, I find sticking a right bopper on and having a dance is an easy way to lift my spirits. It gets my heart going, clears my head a bit, and it's great fun.

Going for a walk anywhere, whether that's to the shops or to the park really helps, especially if you're stuck in front of a computer monitor or a book all day, every day.

ReputationRep:

I love wacking on some tunes and dancing like and idiot in my room. When I'm stressed, I try to go to the gym and just power walk it out or do some yoga in my room. Just getting out the house, even to walk to the shop I find helps clear my mind - it's always good to change your surroundings.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely singing a good song! When I was freaking out on the day before results day it's all I did for about an hour

ReputationRep:
    Having a good old tug. Had to be said...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Baking cookies or playing some rock on the guitar
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Going for a walk anywhere, whether that's to the shops or to the park really helps, especially if you're stuck in front of a computer monitor or a book all day, every day.
    Yeah, this! I'm making sure to take regular breaks to go on a wander for water. I'm drinking my water, taking more breaks from the computer, and moving a bit more so it's actually great and super easy!

(Original post by JennLousie)
    Definitely singing a good song! When I was freaking out on the day before results day it's all I did for about an hour
    Ooh that's really cool! Did it help you chill out a little? What song?! So much to know!
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff

Mine is meditation I use a amazing app where you just have to do 10 mins a day (you can do more if you choose) I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. It's like having the best power nap ever and always makes me feel happier and more chilled out
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I tend to sleep it off.

ReputationRep:
    Exercise wise - walk while listening to upbeat music
    Leisure - watch/read horror fiction, play video games, cook, go for a bath and burn some candles

ReputationRep:
    I normally go to the Gym.
    It probably isn't healthy, but I channel my stress into the weights.
    The gym is a good place to just think in between sets (provided it isn't full of hard-core grunters).
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Dancing around your room is definitely a great way to feel a bit better, as long as your neighbours aren't in seeing distance!

For me, I've always loved going for walks when I feel down. It's a chance to get out of the house and whatever situation I'm in, listen to some of my favourite music, do some reflection or contemplation, and get a little bit of exercise without really putting in too much effort. I have a few favourite places - at home, I love walking through some of the fields behind my house which come to a little pond, but at university, I love walking up behind the train station where there's a hill that you can see the whole city from.

I play guitar, do art and love to read, but these are all things I never feel interested in when I'm feeling low. It really sucks, but that's the frustrating nature of mental health difficulties. I can listen to music, watch Netflix or go and sit around my friends even if I don't feel like speaking though.

ReputationRep:
    Anything to get your mind off. Netflix, exercise, sleep, eat. I treat myself- e.g. said I'd order a pizza on friday meaning I had something to look forward to.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sounds insane, but I've just climbed Arthur's Seat (took a rather steep and nasty route up) clenching a small torch

It was tough, but damn it felt good getting all the way up there...

ReputationRep:
    My go to is dial up the deliveroo bois tbh, but when things are really rough it's a decent walk. Walking at weird ass times like 2am is quite cool

ReputationRep:
    Anime, anime ops, dark vocaloids if i'm feeling it, anime op's (I fuc*s with the fma brotherhood and sao opening 1's), green tea, alishan oolong green tea, recently began watching the walking dead, thinking about why I continue to live....... Ignore the last part.........
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anything that gets me out the flat. Going to the gym is a double win for cheering up and getting healthy

ReputationRep:

a nice walk around the park on a cold blue sky day

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.