The Student Room Group

Medicine University Conundrum

Hi all!
I was lucky enough to get offers for medicine from Birmingham Leicester and Kings (oxford rejection post interview) and do not know which one to firm as all are great medical schools. any advice would be great!
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Dornishman'sWife
Hi all!
I was lucky enough to get offers for medicine from Birmingham Leicester and Kings (oxford rejection post interview) and do not know which one to firm as all are great medical schools. any advice would be great!
Thanks

Well done!!

In terms of choosing your favourite, take a look at their course structure and see what works for you. Do they have a lot of lectures or group work? When do they start clinical exposure? Do they do dissection? Also think about the location - do you want to spend the next 5 years living there?

If you went on open days or offer holder days (which may happen later in the year), think about how you felt when you were there and your interactions with current medical students and staff. That can sometimes give you a good vibe about the medical school.

Imo Leicester would be the best choice, but I am biased :wink: I can answer questions about Leicester but not the other two as I don't know much about them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending