Turn on thread page Beta

University Choices watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i have offers to study English at both Durham and Warwick university. i worked really hard in year 12 and on my personal statement as I always thought Durham was the uni for me, however, having visited it, I don't like it. I really like Warwick and would be more than happy to study there, i just feel as if i've worked and worked for the 'dream' i.e. studying at Durham, finally got what i wanted and now i'm thinking of turning it down. i obviously want to be happy at uni and believe i would enjoy studying more so at warwick, however i'm finding it really difficult to let go of what i have worked so hard for.

What should I do??????
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by creac080200)
    i have offers to study English and both Durham and Warwick university. i worked really hard in year 12 and on my persona statement as I always thought Durham was the uni for me, however, having visited it, I don't like it. I really like Warwick and would be more than happy to study there, i just feel as if i've worked and worked for the 'dream' i.e. studying at Durham, finally got what i wanted and now i'm thinking of turning it down. i obviously want to be happy at uni and believe i would enjoy studying more so at warwick, however i'm finding it really difficult to let go of what i have worked so hard for.

What should I do??????
    Don't rush into anything. You have until May to decide.

In the meantime maybe revisit both, and talk to some current students.

Which one has the course you prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Don't rush into anything. You have until May to decide.

In the meantime maybe revisit both, and talk to some current students.

Which one has the course you prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    pretty sure i prefer the course at warwick as it's more broad. It's more a case that Durham appears to have a better reputation both as a uni and for my course in particular and i feel stupid and ungrateful turning down such an amazing opportunity even though I know it's probably the right thing to do for me.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by creac080200)
    pretty sure i prefer the course at warwick as it's more broad. It's more a case that Durham appears to have a better reputation both as a uni and for my course in particular and i feel stupid and ungrateful turning down such an amazing opportunity even though I know it's probably the right thing to do for me.
    Not at all. Pick the course you prefer.

(But as I said, wait a while. There's really no rush and it's not unknown for minds to change... it already has once )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.