Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My dad has a medical pension which he does not get taxed on, does this still have to be included in his income?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by chloegratton6)
    My dad has a medical pension which he does not get taxed on, does this still have to be included in his income?
    Hi Chloe,

If your Dad is in receiving payments from his pension this would still have to be declared as income, even if he does not pay tax on this .
    Pensions are still a taxable source of income.

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

His pension is a medical pension though and he does not pay tax on it. I thought you only had to include the income you pay tax on?

Thanks
    Chloe
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

His pension is a medical pension though and he does not pay tax on it. I thought you only had to include the income you pay tax on?

Thanks
    Chloe
    Hi Chloe,

Can i ask a few questions with regards to your fathers pension, How did he get this pension? was it through his employer?

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

It was through the RAF which he is no longer in.

Chloe

ReputationRep:
    He got it as a result of being medically discharged from the RAF, however the pension he gets, is no longer given out to people.

Chloe
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    He got it as a result of being medically discharged from the RAF, however the pension he gets, is no longer given out to people.

Chloe
    Hi chloe,

If the medical, pension is completely non taxable, then we will not take this into consideration as we only require taxable income.

Thanks

Catherine

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.