Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    What help is available for students with dyslexia?
    •  Official Rep

     Official Rep
    (Original post by Emily de Vere)
    What help is available for students with dyslexia?
    Hi Emily,

    You can apply for Disabled Student Allowance,

    • Students must be on a full or part time*undergraduate course including Open University and other distance learning courses; or
    • Be on an eligible full or part time* postgraduate** course including Open University and other distances learning course
    • Although Student finance does not offer funding for a PhD course, students can still apply for DSAs
    • Have a disability, long term health condition, mental health condition or a specific learning difficulty which affects their daily activities; such as
    • A mental health condition, such as anxiety or depression
    • A specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia or dyspraxia
    • A developmental disorder, such as autism or ADHD/ADD
    • A long term health condition or progressive medical condition, such as multiple sclerosis, cancer or HIV
    • A sensory impairment which could affect the ability to see or hear

    To apply you will need to complete a DSA1 application form or you can apply online when completing your Student Finance England application, application form can be found on the following website http://bit.ly/1hErcvL, we will also require evidence this must be, a full diagnosis report carried out after your 16th birthday by a psychologist or suitably qualified specialist.



University open days

  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.