Turn on thread page Beta

Tried to report girl to police but I get interrogated? watch

So there is this girl that I didn't get on with years back but haven't really had any beef with her recently. Anyway I like finding out the history and specs on people's cars, and her car has been untaxed for over a year, and no MOT for months as well.

She drives it (or at least I assume so because I once saw her in a driving lesson, and the car seems to be randomly moved when I walk past her house from school)

I had let her know that she hadn't any tax (DVLA makes mistakes, yaknow?) about 6 months ago or something? Anyway she didn't act on it. I just randomly decided to check her reg plate yesterday and *boom* I saw the horror.

Reported it to the police on 101 as instructed by the DVLA website and the guy first said it wasn't a police matter and it was for the DVLA. I tried to tell him the DVLA themselves said it wasn't for them and had instructed me to ring 101. Then he tries taking down the details of her address and my address which I give but he then he keeps questioning me about why I am checking people's reg plates, if I check her plates often etc. etc. and I know he is trying to get me to slip up and make me out to be a stalker. Okay not a normal activity but I'm not stalking anyone! He keeps on being quite unfair, making *ME* out to be in the wrong when I'm trying to do the right thing.

Then he asks for her reg plate and I didn't want to fall into his trap because I knew he was trying so hard to make it seem like I am a stalker.

So now I feel really awful, I'm worried the police are going to come for me, and a dangerous driver IS NOT HAVING ANY JUSTICE!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    stop being such a snake and leave the damn girl alone....

ReputationRep:
    Sounds utterly autistic.
    I too remember most key plates. (I have Asperger's)

Outside my school there is always a black x-trail, black vaux and a white/grey vauxhall?. They belong to senior members of staff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Then he asks for her reg plate and I didn't want to fall into his trap because I knew he was trying so hard to make it seem like I am a stalker.
    That seems actually a rather crucial question...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You are a pretty **** person, you know that right?

ReputationRep:
    I also remember the plates of my 147 bus. I try to get on this bus each morning.

SN6I BXJ
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So there is this girl that I didn't get on with years back but haven't really had any beef with her recently. Anyway I like finding out the history and specs on people's cars, and her car has been untaxed for over a year, and no MOT for months as well.

She drives it (or at least I assume so because I once saw her in a driving lesson, and the car seems to be randomly moved when I walk past her house from school)

I had let her know that she hadn't any tax (DVLA makes mistakes, yaknow?) about 6 months ago or something? Anyway she didn't act on it. I just randomly decided to check her reg plate yesterday and *boom* I saw the horror.

Reported it to the police on 101 as instructed by the DVLA website and the guy first said it wasn't a police matter and it was for the DVLA. I tried to tell him the DVLA themselves said it wasn't for them and had instructed me to ring 101. Then he tries taking down the details of her address and my address which I give but he then he keeps questioning me about why I am checking people's reg plates, if I check her plates often etc. etc. and I know he is trying to get me to slip up and make me out to be a stalker. Okay not a normal activity but I'm not stalking anyone! He keeps on being quite unfair, making *ME* out to be in the wrong when I'm trying to do the right thing.

So now I feel really awful, I'm worried the police are going to come for me, and a dangerous driver IS NOT HAVING ANY JUSTICE!!!!!!
    Good on you for reporting this - you can do it online: https://forms.dft.gov.uk/report-an-untaxed-vehicle/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I honestly think posting people's car registration is not a good idea on a public forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caesar333)
    stop posting number plates you retard
    I'm not a retard but ok

(Original post by IWMTom)
    Good on you for reporting this - you can do it online: https://forms.dft.gov.uk/report-an-untaxed-vehicle/
    Genuinely, if she gets caught driving that car she'll be in so much trouble. A visit from the police is far less likely to be as heavy handed. And that's before we think about her car failing and potentially killing someone.

I didn't know about this service. I've reported the vehicle, and added on the notes about missing MOT. Still think I should report this to the police but I feel traumatised after the initial experience.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ecolier)
    I honestly think posting people's car registration is not a good idea on a public forum.
    They're on the front and back of cars... hardly private information!

ReputationRep:

What is your problem. Why are you infringing on the lives of others like that, it isn't your job.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    They're on the front and back of cars... hardly private information!
    Yes, but there's no context!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    What is your problem. Why are you infringing on the lives of others like that, it isn't your job.
    An untaxed car a car that doesn't have MOT or insurance is a danger to the roads and could cost people their lives.
    It is the fault of the owner of the car for failing on these matter when it is a legal requirement, if they cannot meet these terms then they should not be driving.
    By your logic if I see a child getting raped by a old man I should let him do it and not call the police because it is "not your problem", or "infringing the lives of others" and also "it isn't my job".

(Original post by The PoliticalGuy)
    An untaxed car a car that doesn't have MOT or insurance is a danger to the roads and could cost people their lives.
    It is the fault of the owner of the car for failing on these matter when it is a legal requirement, if they cannot meet these terms then they should not be driving.
    By your logic if I see a child getting raped by a old man I should let him do it and not call the police because it is "not your problem", or "infringing the lives of others" and also "it isn't my job".
    I still feel bad about this. I haven't resolved any problem, I am probably on some police watch-list now ...

The number of times I said "I am just trying to do the right thing" to the guy and he wouldn't have any of it, and further interrogated me :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The PoliticalGuy)
    Are you really comparing rape and peadophillia to bothering about another persons car? The two are so completely different that you are just making your argument seem trivial and pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    you have way too much time on your hands

ReputationRep:
    Are you the same guy posting about saying she had a giant forehead? Tbf repeatedly checking someone's license is very stalkerish so you can' blame the police for bring concerned. I'm pretty sure she hasn' committed a crime unless she drives the card which you can' prove.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    I'm pretty sure she hasn' committed a crime unless she drives the card which you can' prove.
    Well she has if it's parked on the public road, so...

(Original post by erratic_deus)
    Sounds utterly autistic.
    I too remember most key plates. (I have Asperger's)

Outside my school there is always a black x-trail, black vaux and a white/grey vauxhall?. They belong to senior members of staff.
    Congrats on being an aspie but do you really have to say "sounds utterly autistic" like it was an insult? Too many people are treating "autistic" as the new "retard".

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.