Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Tried to report girl to police but I get interrogated? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i come across a lot of weird and obnoxious drivers on the road, i usually react negatively but then i cool down and go home and do something beneficial for me, not spend a few minutes getting into someones elses info. also, why would the other person having no insurance be life threatening to me? if theyre gonna crash into me, regardless of insurance or not, i think if the impact is fatal, i'd die on the spot you know? makes no difference, even if its illegal to have no insurance. i dislike confrontations so it's probably why i forget and forgive but truly, there's better things to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oohsneha)
    wow,your comment has 40 likes?! disgusted, this society is so messed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The PoliticalGuy)
    An untaxed car a car that doesn't have MOT or insurance is a danger to the roads and could cost people their lives.
    It is the fault of the owner of the car for failing on these matter when it is a legal requirement, if they cannot meet these terms then they should not be driving.
    By your logic if I see a child getting raped by a old man I should let him do it and not call the police because it is "not your problem", or "infringing the lives of others" and also "it isn't my job".
    Whilst I can see the point you're trying to make, I think comparing an untaxed etc car to child rape by a paedophile is just wrong, both because the two are in no way similar to link the two and it's insulting to even suggest so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I still feel bad about this. I haven't resolved any problem, I am probably on some police watch-list now ...

The number of times I said "I am just trying to do the right thing" to the guy and he wouldn't have any of it, and further interrogated me :|
    There are no watch lists for things like this. The person you were trying to report it to was just being lazy. It happens. He is probably a call centre worker on 16 grand and just cannot be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Can we all just agree that having beef with someone is a pretty rubbish reason to dig up dirt on them? From the way the OP phrased, they're implying that if they liked the person, they wouldn't have reported them. I hope the police make her sweat nice and good

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't report it but I suppose there's valid reasons to do so. You getting interrogated for just filing a report is ridiculous tho lmao
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I still feel bad about this. I haven't resolved any problem, I am probably on some police watch-list now ...

The number of times I said "I am just trying to do the right thing" to the guy and he wouldn't have any of it, and further interrogated me :|
    He can't exactly charge you for remembering a number plate lmao. The guy was blatantly being an ass but he can't actually do anything without something far more solid to convict you with.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.