Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Honestly , like I jus had a week full of mocks and started getting results back last week and this week.
    My grades are pretty decent , but after my mock I feel so drained unmotivated to revise and jus generally can’t be bothered ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1_Zainn_)
    Honestly , like I jus had a week full of mocks and started getting results back last week and this week.
    My grades are pretty decent , but after my mock I feel so drained unmotivated to revise and jus generally can’t be bothered ....
    I've got no positive way to say it, but if you feel like you can't be bothered tough luck, sit down and get on with it. Globalisation doesn't care if you can't be bothered, if you don't do well in college and go to a decent uni, life is going to be harder for you later on.

A full time, dead end job which doesn't pay great with no prospects is absolutely soul destroying, I have learned it the hard way, don't mess about, get on with it.

you are blessed to be receiving a free education and a chance to go as far as you want in life, take full advantage of it now or you will regret it, I promise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shoegazer92)
    I've got no positive way to say it, but if you feel like you can't be bothered tough luck, sit down and get on with it. Globalisation doesn't care if you can't be bothered, if you don't do well in college and go to a decent uni, life is going to be harder for you later on.

A full time, dead end job which doesn't pay great with no prospects is absolutely soul destroying, I have learned it the hard way, don't mess about, get on with it.

you are blessed to be receiving a free education and a chance to go as far as you want in life, take full advantage of it now or you will regret it, I promise
    What would your advice be to someone like me ?? I didnt well in my GCSE's and i couldnt enroll into college this year because of medical problems,what do i do now ?? Look like my life is over,i have just been staying at home these past few months.

ReputationRep:
    same, i feel like i revised so hard fo my mocks that i just feel so drained and demotivated...

i should be getting my revision notes completed but rn im just forcing myself to just doing my homework... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soIiIoquy)
    same, i feel like i revised so hard fo my mocks that i just feel so drained and demotivated...

i should be getting my revision notes completed but rn im just forcing myself to just doing my homework... :/
    Same right here mate, I guess imma start revising next week ( my half term holidays)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    What would your advice be to someone like me ?? I didnt well in my GCSE's and i couldnt enroll into college this year because of medical problems,what do i do now ?? Look like my life is over,i have just been staying at home these past few months.
    Given that you're probably only 16/17 if you just finished GCSE, you're in a decent position to think about what you want to do with your life, it's certainly too young to be saying your life's over. Think about what you want to study and get a head start for September?

I've realised as I got older education isn't as much about innate ability as it is making the effort. Make the effort and you will get where you want to be. Don't make the effort and you'll pay double for that mistake later on.

Education is weird because you get told to work hard by older people, but most people in education are teenagers with little life experience to really understand why they need to work hard, and it's a cliche to be told to work hard so it's usually ignored, but really, put the effort in now and you will be rewarded tenfold later

ReputationRep:
    Same right here mate, I guess imma start revising next week ( my half term holidays)
    but ukno whats sad? i have half term holidays now and I havent done anything...
    i keep telling myself i'll do it tomorrow, before i know it, i'll be back at college :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry brudda, I feel the exact same after exams.

Just take off a couple of days and do whatever you want (Video games, strip clubs that kinda thing) - then you should more motivated!

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel guilty about having a little break, there's nothing wrong with that.

Just have a few days off and then get back into it. This will pass and you'll be fine

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    -Use whatever career you're aiming for as motivation. Why did you start sixth form in the first place?

-As has been said, take some time to recharge.

-Look after your body, and then your mind will be ready.

ReputationRep:
    Given that you're probably only 16/17 if you just finished GCSE, you're in a decent position to think about what you want to do with your life, it's certainly too young to be saying your life's over. Think about what you want to study and get a head start for September?

I've realised as I got older education isn't as much about innate ability as it is making the effort. Make the effort and you will get where you want to be. Don't make the effort and you'll pay double for that mistake later on.

Education is weird because you get told to work hard by older people, but most people in education are teenagers with little life experience to really understand why they need to work hard, and it's a cliche to be told to work hard so it's usually ignored, but really, put the effort in now and you will be rewarded tenfold later
    I really want to do Higher Education but i dont have the GCSE Grades to enable me to.Retakes were supposed to be in November which i couln't do as i had no College to Attend.I have been a State of Depression because of this.I dont know what to do ??

ReputationRep:
    This is the final step to get to university. Do you really want to waste it?

ReputationRep:
    come on man its just March and April 2 more months, keep working hard you can do it!!!! just these 2 months could be a difference between getting into Uni or not, i'm in the same position as you and we both need to keep pushing forward after june its freedom baby!!!! keep your head up rude boi we can do it!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    I really want to do Higher Education but i dont have the GCSE Grades to enable me to.Retakes were supposed to be in November which i couln't do as i had no College to Attend.I have been a State of Depression because of this.I dont know what to do ??
    I think colleges are legally obliged to take you on if you're under 18 anyway, regardless of what grades you have (and probably goes up to 25, provided you don't have higher qualifications)?

You should contact your local colleges and explain your situation and see what they advise. There will definitely be a way back into free education at your age.

if you want to feel better about the situation, start studying for the stuff you're planning to retake now and be prepared for this november's resit, as well as contact the college/6th form and seeing what they can suggest

ReputationRep:
    I think colleges are legally obliged to take you on if you're under 18 anyway, regardless of what grades you have (and probably goes up to 25, provided you don't have higher qualifications)?

You should contact your local colleges and explain your situation and see what they advise. There will definitely be a way back into free education at your age.

if you want to feel better about the situation, start studying for the stuff you're planning to retake now and be prepared for this november's resit, as well as contact the college/6th form and seeing what they can suggest
    I dont have any local Colleges,only Sixth Forms.Surely i'd be too old for Sixth Form.I dont want to be myself with no friends and with people a year younger than me.I dont know what to do..... FFS i'm thinking of just going into Apprentships.

ReputationRep:
    Take two days off and get back to it

ReputationRep:
    I am guessing you have revised pretty hard for the mocks? Take into consideration the amount of hours you have put in regards to revision.

People seem to be telling you that you need to press onward. I agree with that to some extent, but don't burn out. Perhaps take a day/weekend off.

I cant write my university essays when my mind is elsewhere. If I have had a tough day of note making, I will take the evening off. Your mood is going to directly correlate to your notes.

**** mood?
    **** notes.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.