Alcohol-free acommodation? Bad idea? Watch

Izzy_20304
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I don't drink, however I still enjoy being sociable and going out.
I'm worried that if I am in regular halls I might get left out because I don't drink. However, I've also heard that people in alcohol-free acommodation seem to have a reputation for being quieter, not so interested in going out etc, and I don't want to end up missing out on meeting people and having fun.
Any advice/experience would be great - thankyou!
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Izzy_20304)
I'm worried that if I am in regular halls I might get left out because I don't drink. However, I've also heard that people in alcohol-free acommodation seem to have a reputation for being quieter, not so interested in going out etc, and I don't want to end up missing out on meeting people and having fun.
No answer either way.

1. If you go to an alcohol ok Hall (most of them), then you dont have to drink, even if others do. people might go to the pub a bit more or party.

2. No alciohol then they could still be sociable but might revolve more round non alcohol social activities and staying in etc.

Its a bit pot luck as to who you get roomed with, but Id guess the non alcohol people will be slightly quieter.

I think youd be ok with 1 as you can drink a soft drink and people run out of money or calm down.
Chinadog181
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Izzy_20304)
Most people are used to the occasional person who doesn't drink- also maybe consider whether this is something you might change your mind about when you get to uni. I know i didnt drink before uni, but i ended up enjoying some at uni, so it was good I was with people who did go out.

At the end of the day, you will be fine whatever you do!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (768)
90.35%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (82)
9.65%

Watched Threads