Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am completely unsure of what to get my boyfriend for valentine's. It's something we want to do, and I wanted to get him something he likes and wants. The only problem is, every time he mentions that he would like something to me, within a week his parents have already got it for him. He is very grateful and he doesn't ask for much. But everything I can think of that is affordable, he already has. Food/ sweets are off the radar as I know he wont appreciate it (he got so much from Christmas he hasn't eaten). He is a very lovely and grateful guy and will not be mean whatever I get him, but I need some obscure and different ideas so I can find something that he will like that he doesn't already have? Please help!

ReputationRep:
    You could get a nice photo of the two of you in a frame?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Bxckii)
    I am completely unsure of what to get my boyfriend for valentine's. It's something we want to do, and I wanted to get him something he likes and wants. The only problem is, every time he mentions that he would like something to me, within a week his parents have already got it for him. He is very grateful and he doesn't ask for much. But everything I can think of that is affordable, he already has. Food/ sweets are off the radar as I know he wont appreciate it (he got so much from Christmas he hasn't eaten). He is a very lovely and grateful guy and will not be mean whatever I get him, but I need some obscure and different ideas so I can find something that he will like that he doesn't already have? Please help!
    A nice necklace broken into two pieces? So you have one half and he has a other, and when the heart is connected together a nice message is written about both of you. If someone got me that, it would be such a nice and sweet gesture
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What about an experience day of something he likes?

https://www.redletterdays.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
    You could get a nice photo of the two of you in a frame?
    I like this idea, I might even do a painting actually. Thanks

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    A nice necklace broken into two pieces? So you have one half and he has a other, and when the heart is connected together a nice message is written about both of you. If someone got me that, it would be such a nice and sweet gesture
    That's so cute, I will have a look around, he would probably appreciate that, I will see if there is like a rope bracelet version or a pendant.

(Original post by Jack22031994)
    What about an experience day of something he likes?

https://www.redletterdays.co.uk
    I would have bounced on this idea, but I have already given him a flying lesson experience day at christmas, so I would have gone for a more materialistic set up this time, but good suggestion
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would have bounced on this idea, but I have already given him a flying lesson experience day at christmas, so I would have gone for a more materialistic set up this time, but good suggestion
    ah thanks Yeah, that does make sense! That was such a cool present!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    [QUOTE=Bxckii;76070544]

That's so cute, I will have a look around, he would probably appreciate that, I will see if there is like a rope bracelet version or a pendant.

Exactly thats even better because hes a guy and everything and tbh they arent even that expensive
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Get something personalised.

Look into a "light box", it is a box where you can write a personalised message with a custom design and it lights up. It's really unique and sweet.

My girlfriend got this for me for Christmas and it's really sweet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.