Turn on thread page Beta

applying for hnc course after already having a one years funding around 10 years ago watch

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone, thanks for reading this, what it is i had a student loan for one year[1st year hnd] around 10 years ago, my wife and i had a baby and i didn't return for my second year....fully intended to go back at the time, but due to circumstance, and then my dad and my nan passing.

i am at the time of my life now, that i am really in the mindset to get qualified and get career of the ground.

anyway my question is after already receiving a years student loan, does that mean i can still get 3 years worth or funding , to take me through a hnc and hnd , in electrical engineering ..

the course i did ten years ago , was a hnd in computer programming[didnt finsish course] only did first year,...

i am really hoping to get funding for these next 3 years, and then hopefully fund a final degree year myself, further down the line[if there isnt any funding available left that is ,as id have had my four years by this point]?
    i am hoping to convert the hnd to full degree[if/when get to that point]

the tutors have said they will accept me on the course with my previous experience and after veiwing my personal statement and chatting in interveiw, they said i need to get funding sorted asap and perfectly happy with me starting the hnc electrical engineering this september.

has anyone got any thoughts wether or not any of this is possible and where id stand with finance england.

does it matter that i am now changing from computer programming to electrical engineering?

after speaking to the tutors at uni they said it should be ok, but there aren't in finance , so cant say for definate.

thank you for all your help.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by scottl_2018)
    hi everyone, thanks for reading this, what it is i had a student loan for one year[1st year hnd] around 10 years ago, my wife and i had a baby and i didn't return for my second year....fully intended to go back at the time, but due to circumstance, and then my dad and my nan passing.

i am at the time of my life now, that i am really in the mindset to get qualified and get career of the ground.

anyway my question is after already receiving a years student loan, does that mean i can still get 3 years worth or funding , to take me through a hnc and hnd , in electrical engineering ..

the course i did ten years ago , was a hnd in computer programming[didnt finsish course] only did first year,...

i am really hoping to get funding for these next 3 years, and then hopefully fund a final degree year myself, further down the line[if there isnt any funding available left that is ,as id have had my four years by this point]?
    i am hoping to convert the hnd to full degree[if/when get to that point]

the tutors have said they will accept me on the course with my previous experience and after veiwing my personal statement and chatting in interveiw, they said i need to get funding sorted asap and perfectly happy with me starting the hnc electrical engineering this september.

has anyone got any thoughts wether or not any of this is possible and where id stand with finance england.

does it matter that i am now changing from computer programming to electrical engineering?

after speaking to the tutors at uni they said it should be ok, but there aren't in finance , so cant say for definate.

thank you for all your help.
    Hi Scott,

All students are entitled to the full length of their new course plus an additional year minus any previous study 3 + 1 = 4 - 1 = 3 years of funding available. As you are applying for a new course you will need to apply as a new student when applying online http://bit.ly/1ifyObr.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Scott,

All students are entitled to the full length of their new course plus an additional year minus any previous study 3 + 1 = 4 - 1 = 3 years of funding available. As you are applying for a new course you will need to apply as a new student when applying online http://bit.ly/1ifyObr.

Thanks

Catherine
    thank you for your reply, so that will cover me for the hnc and hnd like i thought , thank you so much.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.