Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heya everyone,

I was contacted by a company through LinkedIn asking whether I would be interested in a graduate programme offered by their company. I followed up with positive response and this continued on to an informal phone-call with the recruiter, coding test online and finally I was invited to their assessment centre which is the final stage. At the end of the day at the assessment centre, the recruiter let everyone know that they will be in touch with us as soon as possible. I received an email today in which the recruiter simply asked what time I would be available tomorrow for a "quick chat". I was wondering what could this mean? Does it mean I am likely to be offered the job or can they also arrange a call in which they would reject me? I need your opinions on this.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by epicme)
    Heya everyone,

I was contacted by a company through LinkedIn asking whether I would be interested in a graduate programme offered by their company. I followed up with positive response and this continued on to an informal phone-call with the recruiter, coding test online and finally I was invited to their assessment centre which is the final stage. At the end of the day at the assessment centre, the recruiter let everyone know that they will be in touch with us as soon as possible. I received an email today in which the recruiter simply asked what time I would be available tomorrow for a "quick chat". I was wondering what could this mean? Does it mean I am likely to be offered the job or can they also arrange a call in which they would reject me? I need your opinions on this.
    It could well be a good sign but if they said they will be in touch with everyone, then it's likely that all the other candidates would have gotten a similar email. At one of the companies I had applied to, they did that to everyone, even if they had gotten rejected.

I think it's just best to wait until tomorrow and find out on the day.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    It could mean more or less anything.

The recruiter wants to get feedback from you on your experience.
    The recruiter wants to give you feedback on your performance, but you didn't get the job.
    The recruiter wants to offer you a further interview.

What it is probably not, is a direct offer, as usually they would try and make contact asap, because everyone else is waiting for the first choice to respond. However, even that isn't 100%, it could be an offer.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Heya everyone,

Like another poster said, it could be either:
    The recruiter wants to get feedback from you on your experience.
    The recruiter wants to give you feedback on your performance, but you didn't get the job.
    The recruiter wants to offer you a further interview.

How did you get on anyway?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.