The Student Room Group

Is History over?

Francis Fukuyama says that:

"we may be witnessing...the end of history as such: ... the end point of mankind's ideological evolution and the universalization of Western liberal democracy as the final form of human government"

Is humanity destined to end up with the same system of what we now call "Western liberal democracy"?

As such, is it fair to say that the history of political ideologies is drawing to a close?

:beard:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17

"we may be witnessing...the end of history as such: ... the end point of mankind's ideological evolution and the universalization of Western liberal democracy as the final form of human government"

Is humanity destined to end up with the same system of what we now call "Western liberal democracy"?

As such, is it fair to say that the history of political ideologies is drawing to a close?

Not the end of History at all. there will always ne new events and outcomes.
Reply 2
He has an interesting surname for sure.
Original post by UWS
He has an interesting surname for sure.

he makes his own AMA

:teehee:
Original post by 04MR17

I think his desire to sell books overcame his sense of historical reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
I think his desire to sell books overcame his sense of historical reason.
I think I agree.:yep: He still has a point.
Original post by 04MR17
I think I agree.:yep: He still has a point.

I doubt that western liberal democracy will survive mass automation and implementation of AI unscathed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I doubt that western liberal democracy will survive mass automation and implementation of AI unscathed.
True, but what's the alternative?
Original post by 04MR17
True, but what's the alternative?

I don't know. Perhaps something a bit more authoritarian?
Reply 9
I see his point to be fair, but I'm sure those centuries ago probably held the same view when it came to the feudal system. I'm sure mankind is intellectually growing and will eventually surpass the pretty broken form of government we have at the moment.
Original post by Wikia
I see his point to be fair, but I'm sure those centuries ago probably held the same view when it came to the feudal system. I'm sure mankind is intellectually growing and will eventually surpass the pretty broken form of government we have at the moment.
So might you say that we're leaving the modern period and entering a new historical period then?:curious:
Modern western Democracy has already failed, a Return to proper conservatism will happen when people realise how destructive modern society and modern leftism is, It might take a few generations but I hope someday Europe will return
Original post by 04MR17
So might you say that we're leaving the modern period and entering a new historical period then?:curious:

Why not? Everything changes...
Why not? Everything changes...
Oh I agree.:smile: I'm just curious as to what other people think. Probably could start a new thread on this, but what would you call the period we're entering?
Original post by 04MR17
Oh I agree.:smile: I'm just curious as to what other people think. Probably could start a new thread on this, but what would you call the period we're entering?

Modern :colone:
Original post by 04MR17

The Age if Technocracy?
The Age if Technocracy?
Ooh I like this.:gah:
Original post by 04MR17
Ooh I like this.:gah:

Why should nations be the main division in human society? Perhaps we should be grouped according to whether we use Apple products or Android?
Why should nations be the main division in human society? Perhaps we should be grouped according to whether we use Apple products or Android?
Given that we were broadly organised by religion for centuries, and we're still warring over that, I'm not so sure to be honest.:tongue:
Original post by 04MR17
Given that we were broadly organised by religion for centuries, and we're still warring over that, I'm not so sure to be honest.:tongue:

Who do we in the West trust more? Our political leaders or our technology leaders?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending