Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Francis Fukuyama says that:

"we may be witnessing...the end of history as such: ... the end point of mankind's ideological evolution and the universalization of Western liberal democracy as the final form of human government"

Is humanity destined to end up with the same system of what we now call "Western liberal democracy"?

As such, is it fair to say that the history of political ideologies is drawing to a close?

:beard:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by 04MR17)

"we may be witnessing...the end of history as such: ... the end point of mankind's ideological evolution and the universalization of Western liberal democracy as the final form of human government"

Is humanity destined to end up with the same system of what we now call "Western liberal democracy"?

As such, is it fair to say that the history of political ideologies is drawing to a close?

Not the end of History at all. there will always ne new events and outcomes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No. Because I keep making history.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    He has an interesting surname for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    He has an interesting surname for sure.
    he makes his own AMA

:teehee:

ReputationRep:

I think his desire to sell books overcame his sense of historical reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    I think his desire to sell books overcame his sense of historical reason.
    I think I agree.:yep: He still has a point.

ReputationRep:
    I think I agree.:yep: He still has a point.
    I doubt that western liberal democracy will survive mass automation and implementation of AI unscathed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I doubt that western liberal democracy will survive mass automation and implementation of AI unscathed.
    True, but what's the alternative?

ReputationRep:
    True, but what's the alternative?
    I don't know. Perhaps something a bit more authoritarian?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I see his point to be fair, but I'm sure those centuries ago probably held the same view when it came to the feudal system. I'm sure mankind is intellectually growing and will eventually surpass the pretty broken form of government we have at the moment.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Wikia)
    I see his point to be fair, but I'm sure those centuries ago probably held the same view when it came to the feudal system. I'm sure mankind is intellectually growing and will eventually surpass the pretty broken form of government we have at the moment.
    So might you say that we're leaving the modern period and entering a new historical period then?:curious:

ReputationRep:
    Modern western Democracy has already failed, a Return to proper conservatism will happen when people realise how destructive modern society and modern leftism is, It might take a few generations but I hope someday Europe will return

ReputationRep:
    So might you say that we're leaving the modern period and entering a new historical period then?:curious:
    Why not? Everything changes...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Why not? Everything changes...
    Oh I agree. I'm just curious as to what other people think. Probably could start a new thread on this, but what would you call the period we're entering?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh I agree. I'm just curious as to what other people think. Probably could start a new thread on this, but what would you call the period we're entering?
    Modern

ReputationRep:
    The Age if Technocracy?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    The Age if Technocracy?
    Ooh I like this.:gah:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I like this.:gah:
    Why should nations be the main division in human society? Perhaps we should be grouped according to whether we use Apple products or Android?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Why should nations be the main division in human society? Perhaps we should be grouped according to whether we use Apple products or Android?
    Given that we were broadly organised by religion for centuries, and we're still warring over that, I'm not so sure to be honest.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.