Luca Ward
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m currently at GCSE and we’re choosing our a levels, but i don’t know what to do, there are so many subjects I would love to continue with but it’s difficult to decide on just 4.

My predicted grades are :
English Language - a*
English Literature - a*
Maths - a*
Further Maths - a*
Biology - a*
Physics - a*
ICT - a*
RS - a
French - a*
Geography - a*
Art - a

My favourite subject is English Literature, and I would love to take it on to A-Level, but i’m not sure that it would be relevant to a degree I would want to do, since i currently am unsure about my future.
Possibilities for degrees include : neuroscience, forensic science, maths, law or something like philosophy and ethics.
However, a big issue is the fact that i do not study chemistry, and would require this at a-level in most cases for neuroscience and forensics.
Also, my school doesn’t offer Further Maths, and i’m pretty sure it’s a requirement for most maths degrees, so what can i do about that.

If anyone has any ideas about a degree/career i should do, please let me know.

All help with choosing A-Levels is appreciated!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Luca Ward)
I’m currently at GCSE and we’re choosing our a levels, but i don’t know what to do, there are so many subjects I would love to continue with but it’s difficult to decide on just 4.

My predicted grades are :
English Language - a*
English Literature - a*
Maths - a*
Further Maths - a*
Biology - a*
Physics - a*
ICT - a*
RS - a
French - a*
Geography - a*
Art - a

My favourite subject is English Literature, and I would love to take it on to A-Level, but i’m not sure that it would be relevant to a degree I would want to do, since i currently am unsure about my future.
Possibilities for degrees include : neuroscience, forensic science, maths, law or something like philosophy and ethics.
However, a big issue is the fact that i do not study chemistry, and would require this at a-level in most cases for neuroscience and forensics.
Also, my school doesn’t offer Further Maths, and i’m pretty sure it’s a requirement for most maths degrees, so what can i do about that.

If anyone has any ideas about a degree/career i should do, please let me know.

All help with choosing A-Levels is appreciated!
Rwo wasy.

1. Decide on hob, then id degree, then id A levels needed.
2. ID degree and ID A levels needed.

For Neuro then sometimes 2x stem may be enough. If not then a foundation year cna get you past the chemistry hurdle.

For maths then they will require A* as they realise not eberyone gets offered FM. Also other stem helps like Physics.

Look at these links.

Imo great A levels are English Lit, Maths Chemistry and Biology.

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...-level-choices

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-studen...l-and-college/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (24)
68.57%
I don't have everything I need (11)
31.43%

Watched Threads