Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which job should I do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys so I'm currently working as a waitress in a hotel and have been there for a month now but now I've been offered two jobs one for an admin job in a government funded training college for £18,000 a year and its full time and another for a wholesale company working on the web servers etc and its minimum wage. He said that I could work part time for now so from 12pm - 5pm around my hours at the hotel which is 6 am - 3 pm but I dont think that they will let me lessn them because they want people to work full time hours there so they might sack me if I take on this job. Also the guy didnt even know my name or shake my hand in the interview. For the admin job they have asked for my degree certificate but I lied about my grade so I'm worried that they might not give me the job now ( I have a degree in computer science I got a third and I said that I got a 2.1). I also have another job interview for an admin job on Friday, Ideally I would like to work in a big company in the city but I dont have the experience yet this is the longesst job that I've had I;ve worked at Mcdonalds and topgolf for 3 weeks other than this. So what shall I do?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Stop lying about your degree for starters.

(Original post by cherlloydfan)
    Hey guys so I'm currently working as a waitress in a hotel and have been there for a month now but now I've been offered two jobs one for an admin job in a government funded training college for £18,000 a year and its full time and another for a wholesale company working on the web servers etc and its minimum wage. He said that I could work part time for now so from 12pm - 5pm around my hours at the hotel which is 6 am - 3 pm but I dont think that they will let me lessn them because they want people to work full time hours there so they might sack me if I take on this job. Also the guy didnt even know my name or shake my hand in the interview. For the admin job they have asked for my degree certificate but I lied about my grade so I'm worried that they might not give me the job now ( I have a degree in computer science I got a third and I said that I got a 2.1). I also have another job interview for an admin job on Friday, Ideally I would like to work in a big company in the city but I dont have the experience yet this is the longesst job that I've had I;ve worked at Mcdonalds and topgolf for 3 weeks other than this. So what shall I do?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, why did you lie? Where is that going to get you?

ReputationRep:
    well its got me jobs in the past when i lied about where i worked and they didnt ask me for references

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.