Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was starting my application to student finance today and I have 2 parts I'm confused about.
    1. When applying for the maintenance loan there's like 2 parts to it, the normal loan and the higher. How do I know if im eligible for the higher one? Or can i apply and after they check my parents income etc they were accept/reject my request accordingly?
    2. I'm still not sure on which university I want to firm out of my offers, so if i complete the whole appliacation can i submit it with one of the possible universities and change it later? Or before submiting it do i have to be 100% certain.
    Thank you! Just don't want to get something this important wrong!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by OlaPaw)
    Hi,
    I was starting my application to student finance today and I have 2 parts I'm confused about.
    1. When applying for the maintenance loan there's like 2 parts to it, the normal loan and the higher. How do I know if im eligible for the higher one? Or can i apply and after they check my parents income etc they were accept/reject my request accordingly?
    2. I'm still not sure on which university I want to firm out of my offers, so if i complete the whole appliacation can i submit it with one of the possible universities and change it later? Or before submiting it do i have to be 100% certain.
    Thank you! Just don't want to get something this important wrong!
    Hi OlaPaw,

When completing your application to be assessed for the full entitlement amount we will require your parents financial details, when an application has been processed based on the household income the amount will show on your online account, also we would advise when completing your application you put the university that you have chosen as your first choice if this changes you can update your application at a later date.

Thanks

Catherine

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.