Turn on thread page Beta

Aiming for As: OceanSea's journey to university watch

ReputationRep:

Aiming for As
    A linguist's journey to university

Hi, it’s OceanSea, I'm in Year 13 and I’m currently studying A levels in French, Spanish and History with the intention of studying Modern Languages at university. There aren’t many languages GYG blogs so I thought I’d switch it up a bit! For some context, I did well at GCSE (10A* grades, 1A) before struggling at college. Last year (AS) was not very productive one and I didn’t do so well but I’m hoping there’ll be some improvement this time round as I really want to get into a good university This is somewhat a challenge for me at the moment due to the fact that the university I love requires me to get AAB whilst my current grades are BBC. Ouch. As you can see, I have a lot of progress to make in the next few months.

College finished for half term last Friday and I was going to start my GYG then but unfortunately my beloved cat died that morning so I wasn’t exactly in the mood she’ll be missed but after a slow weekend I’m hoping to smash this half term and gain some motivation for the upcoming exams! I know I’m pretty late to the whole GYG bandwagon but I just thought it might help me motivate myself a bit.

Good luck everyone!

Predicted grades
    Spoiler:
    Show

History: A/B
    French: A/B
    Spanish: A

Whether I'll achieve them is a very different matter...

Key dates
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanSea)

Aiming for As

Hi, it’s OceanSea, I'm in Year 13 and I’m currently studying A levels in French, Spanish and History with the intention of studying Modern Languages at university. There aren’t many languages GYG blogs so I thought I’d switch it up a bit! For some context, I did well at GCSE (10A* grades, 1A) before struggling at college. Last year (AS) was not very productive one and I didn’t do so well but I’m hoping there’ll be some improvement this time round as I really want to get into a good university This is somewhat a challenge for me at the moment due to the fact that the university I love requires me to get AAB whilst my current grades are BBC. Ouch. As you can see, I have a lot of progress to make in the next few months.

College finished for half term last Friday and I was going to start my GYG then but unfortunately my beloved cat died that morning so I wasn’t exactly in the mood she’ll be missed but after a slow weekend I’m hoping to smash this half term and gain some motivation for the upcoming exams! I know I’m pretty late to the whole GYG bandwagon but I just thought it might help me motivate myself a bit.

Good luck everyone!

Predicted grades
    Spoiler:
    Show

Key dates
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hi! Welcome to Grow your Grades :wavey: Good luck this year
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Aiming for As

Good luck everyone!

Predicted grades
    Spoiler:
    Show

Key dates
    Spoiler:
    Show

Languages are awesome
    Which language is your favourite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    Languages are awesome
    Which language is your favourite?
    I always preferred French for some reason even though people always seem to think its the more difficult of the two...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I always preferred French for some reason even though people always seem to think its the more difficult of the two...
    I do french and mandarin (gcse level though!) I think french is my favourite because I have a much higher level of fluency but mandarin is so cool to write
    I wish I could speak Spanish though...Spanish food is the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    I do french and mandarin (gcse level though!) I think french is my favourite because I have a much higher level of fluency but mandarin is so cool to write
    I wish I could speak Spanish though...Spanish food is the best
    I wish I knew mandarin! And omg I want paella now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wish I knew mandarin! And omg I want paella now
    yesssss paella

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.