Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

Aiming for As
    A linguist's journey to university

Hi, it’s OceanSea, I'm in Year 13 and I’m currently studying A levels in French, Spanish and History with the intention of studying Modern Languages at university. There aren’t many languages GYG blogs so I thought I’d switch it up a bit! For some context, I did well at GCSE (10A* grades, 1A) before struggling at college. Last year (AS) was not very productive one and I didn’t do so well but I’m hoping there’ll be some improvement this time round as I really want to get into a good university This is somewhat a challenge for me at the moment due to the fact that the university I love requires me to get AAB whilst my current grades are BBC. Ouch. As you can see, I have a lot of progress to make in the next few months.

College finished for half term last Friday and I was going to start my GYG then but unfortunately my beloved cat died that morning so I wasn’t exactly in the mood she’ll be missed but after a slow weekend I’m hoping to smash this half term and gain some motivation for the upcoming exams! I know I’m pretty late to the whole GYG bandwagon but I just thought it might help me motivate myself a bit.

Good luck everyone!

Predicted grades
    Spoiler:
    Show

History: A/B
    French: A/B
    Spanish: A

Whether I'll achieve them is a very different matter...

Key dates
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanSea)

Aiming for As

Hi, it’s OceanSea, I'm in Year 13 and I’m currently studying A levels in French, Spanish and History with the intention of studying Modern Languages at university. There aren’t many languages GYG blogs so I thought I’d switch it up a bit! For some context, I did well at GCSE (10A* grades, 1A) before struggling at college. Last year (AS) was not very productive one and I didn’t do so well but I’m hoping there’ll be some improvement this time round as I really want to get into a good university This is somewhat a challenge for me at the moment due to the fact that the university I love requires me to get AAB whilst my current grades are BBC. Ouch. As you can see, I have a lot of progress to make in the next few months.

College finished for half term last Friday and I was going to start my GYG then but unfortunately my beloved cat died that morning so I wasn’t exactly in the mood she’ll be missed but after a slow weekend I’m hoping to smash this half term and gain some motivation for the upcoming exams! I know I’m pretty late to the whole GYG bandwagon but I just thought it might help me motivate myself a bit.

Good luck everyone!

Predicted grades
    Spoiler:
    Show

Key dates
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hi! Welcome to Grow your Grades :wavey: Good luck this year

ReputationRep:

Aiming for As

Good luck everyone!

Predicted grades
    Spoiler:
    Show

Key dates
    Spoiler:
    Show

Languages are awesome
    Which language is your favourite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    Languages are awesome
    Which language is your favourite?
    I always preferred French for some reason even though people always seem to think its the more difficult of the two...

ReputationRep:
    I always preferred French for some reason even though people always seem to think its the more difficult of the two...
    I do french and mandarin (gcse level though!) I think french is my favourite because I have a much higher level of fluency but mandarin is so cool to write
    I wish I could speak Spanish though...Spanish food is the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    I do french and mandarin (gcse level though!) I think french is my favourite because I have a much higher level of fluency but mandarin is so cool to write
    I wish I could speak Spanish though...Spanish food is the best
    I wish I knew mandarin! And omg I want paella now

ReputationRep:
    I wish I knew mandarin! And omg I want paella now
    yesssss paella

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.