Turn on thread page Beta

Okay , so I’m just writing this because I’m complete heart broken . I am a girl , the only girl in the family , I’m seen as the responsible , smart and kind . TBH I don’t know why , I’m usually very pessimistic and a bit lazy but I really do try and help my parents every way I can cuz I love them .

Anyways , me and my dad got into an intense argument . It all started with me saying No to helping my brother with his maths ( I never knew he had a maths test) . My bro is very very lazy , and doesn’t care about his education no matter how much I pushed him at the start of the year , however yesterday he decided to start revising which was strange , somehow I didn’t like it ( I think because I’m scared of being beaten by my little brother in yr 10 and not getting any attention , usually I get all the attention because of my good grades ) Anyways , I was very moody , it was night time , I was frustrated about having to finish my homework and knowing I’ll only have 5hrs of sleep . My brother asked me to help , I don’t know why but I said No very harshly . Which triggered my dad , he was al like “why ain’t you helping your brother “ “ don’t you like getting help “ and the worst thing is what he told me and triggered my anger “ you are very selfish , you are a just bad “ “ I’m dissaponted “ I don’t know why I was angry , he was right . But I just started saying things that I now regret and got sent to my room . Worst thing is that my coping mechanism is to just have a “ I don’t give 3 ****s kind of face “ I don’t cry or anything . Later today , I just started to cry because I felt very bad , worst thing ks that I love my parents , they are the only people I trust and value , I just hate how they will view me now , I don’t have anyone else by my side ( I do have friends but not close , close friends who I can turn to - they all left me ) .
    What I hate is the word disappointment, I try to be better but I don’t know how , I feel like I failed everyone . I really don’t like letting people down . I am writing this because just about 2hrs ago , my mom proper shouted at me because for the first time ever my dad cried about it - While I was in school .

I feel like crap .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Apologise and just say you were a little stressed. Everyone snaps when they're stressed.

ReputationRep:
    What did your brother get for the maths test btw?

ReputationRep:
    Apologise for the things you regret saying. Don't try to make excuses to justify your actions as that just makes an apology appear fake. Make clear that you feel bad about what you said and that you understand that you were in the wrong saying that. You will likely be forgiven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james ionicbond)
    What did your brother get for the maths test btw?
    Lol asking the real questions.

your dad kinda deserved it though for the way he was talking to you first. i hate when parents think its MY JOB to help my siblings, like seriously YOU'RE THE PARENT, YOU SHOULD HELP YOUR CHILD, NOT ME!!!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I get into arguments with my parents all the time but generally don't mean it. I'd say that the best thing to do is to apologise. It may seem bad now, but things improve and they won't stay annoyed, you can apologise and move on.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If people cry it is because they hurt and love you. So you only need to worry when they dont hurt and are not upset, because thats when the damage is too bad to fix.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    Lol asking the real questions.
    I care for her brothers education of course 🤣🤣🤣

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.