takasar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
For anybody who's applying for MSc Finance or Msc Finance and Accounting, are you also taking the CFA lvl 1 in June and have you been given a conditional offer based on the result? Ive still got 2 more applications to go (LSE and Warwick) and was thinking, given that my undergraduate accounting and finance knowledge is strong, that i could take the CFA in 4/5 months if putting it down would help my MSc applications. Of course i'd rather save the money and maybe do the (far easier) IMC instead if that helps at all. If the IMC is useless but the CFA is a big plus, then i may as well sign up ASAP.

My undergraduate course was not that quantitative and my GMAT quant score was Q49, so might the CFA, if it would help in the application, help show my quantitative skills? Any thoughts/advice?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by takasar)
For anybody who's applying for MSc Finance or Msc Finance and Accounting, are you also taking the CFA lvl 1 in June and have you been given a conditional offer based on the result? Ive still got 2 more applications to go (LSE and Warwick) and was thinking, given that my undergraduate accounting and finance knowledge is strong, that i could take the CFA in 4/5 months if putting it down would help my MSc applications. Of course i'd rather save the money and maybe do the (far easier) IMC instead if that helps at all. If the IMC is useless but the CFA is a big plus, then i may as well sign up ASAP.

My undergraduate course was not that quantitative and my GMAT quant score was Q49, so might the CFA, if it would help in the application, help show my quantitative skills? Any thoughts/advice?
Please don't create multiple threads about the same thing. I can't see the CFA as an admissions requirement so where have you got that from?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads