Turn on thread page Beta

23 and feel I will be alone for the rest of my life!! watch

Everyone seems to be finding someone, even a guy that liked me two years ago and we did some sexual things and hung out together a lot, pretended not to know me when I bumped into him, generally because his personality is like he just wants to sleep around, he then added me on Facebook the same day considering he said he didn't know me 😂......Feel like I'm just starting to hate myself because I can't understand why no one likes me. Although I have put it to the back of my mind for months and didn't want it to define me.

My friend questioned me about things in relation to this and told me today she had sex like I didn't think she had. I'm 23, please don't tell me I have time or I'm still young but honestly been told this since I was 17, although at 17 I understood I was still young. I do want to have sex but no one has been interested enough to approach me or even hint they like me, or o don't get the vibe some guys want to be approached.

Honestly I've felt so down about myself all day and I know I shouldn't, but I've been comparing myself to all the girls at uni that have now had sex and I'm wondering where I'm going wrong.

I know it's sounds sad but please don't be harsh I just need some advice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Dw you're still young

Sorry couldn't help that one 😂

ReputationRep:
    Love yourself before you love other people

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Love yourself before you love other people
    I like me, I just don't understand why others can't

(Original post by james ionicbond)
    Dw you're still young

Sorry couldn't help that one 😂
    It's alright I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Everyone seems to be finding someone, even a guy that liked me two years ago and we did some sexual things and hung out together a lot, pretended not to know me when I bumped into him, generally because his personality is like he just wants to sleep around, he then added me on Facebook the same day considering he said he didn't know me 😂......Feel like I'm just starting to hate myself because I can't understand why no one likes me. Although I have put it to the back of my mind for months and didn't want it to define me.

My friend questioned me about things in relation to this and told me today she had sex like I didn't think she had. I'm 23, please don't tell me I have time or I'm still young but honestly been told this since I was 17, although at 17 I understood I was still young. I do want to have sex but no one has been interested enough to approach me or even hint they like me, or o don't get the vibe some guys want to be approached.

Honestly I've felt so down about myself all day and I know I shouldn't, but I've been comparing myself to all the girls at uni that have now had sex and I'm wondering where I'm going wrong.

I am the same age as you, well 22, but turning 23, so can sort of relate. I have been with girls and had sex, but I suppose I don't think that makes me immune to feeling lonely. I don't know what it is that causes the feeling, but I do get it sometimes, just saying I do sympathise with you.

I do tell myself sometimes maybe I just rush. Like I know from experience a lot of girls I have wanted to build relations with have only wanted things on a superficial level, like just sex or something and that is always a bit disheartening. I guess maybe with things like social media people look for someone who they think is easy to have sex with and nobody really goes for any deep relations or if they feel someone is hard to get they don't go for them. Maybe that is the trouble you are having. I know it isn't easy, and happy to talk to you if you PM, but sometimes all you can do is wait. I always think what are the actual odds of meeting someone you will fall in love with - probably very small each day, so of course it takes time to actually reach that stage of finding someone. Perhaps this way of thinking is a bit deep, but just trying to be helpful to you

ReputationRep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mNozIi55Xc

ReputationRep:
    I think nothing like such counts much...
    stay awaiting for more experiences to come, #change dominates, more newness or experience coming, no conclusion!

ReputationRep:

Believe me, it's MUCH MUCH better to be alone, and NOT be in a relationship where the other person is constantly beating on you, and running you down in public and private both. You have plenty of time, and should select a partner carefully, to get someone who is not only easy to get along with, intelligent, but that also can 'bring something to the table' - i.e. can earn a decent amount of money. I'm a guy, and i've gone through a number of gals that wanted to (and did) use me for a punching bag. They had 'issues' with their dad or uncle(s), and figured that i was a good surrogate to take out their frustrations on. You are also much better off without an alcoholic or druggie partner. Not only is this a waste of money, it exposes you to the risk of living with someone who could well be dangerous when intoxicated. It's better to be alone, safe, and un-abused, than to be with someone who puts you at risk, and wastes your money. Take your time. You've got plenty of it left. Cheers.

(Original post by DrXavier)
    I am the same age as you, well 22, but turning 23, so can sort of relate. I have been with girls and had sex, but I suppose I don't think that makes me immune to feeling lonely. I don't know what it is that causes the feeling, but I do get it sometimes, just saying I do sympathise with you.

I do tell myself sometimes maybe I just rush. Like I know from experience a lot of girls I have wanted to build relations with have only wanted things on a superficial level, like just sex or something and that is always a bit disheartening. I guess maybe with things like social media people look for someone who they think is easy to have sex with and nobody really goes for any deep relations or if they feel someone is hard to get they don't go for them. Maybe that is the trouble you are having. I know it isn't easy, and happy to talk to you if you PM, but sometimes all you can do is wait. I always think what are the actual odds of meeting someone you will fall in love with - probably very small each day, so of course it takes time to actually reach that stage of finding someone. Perhaps this way of thinking is a bit deep, but just trying to be helpful to you
    Hmm I understand, I know a lot of girls who are literally just picking out guys at uni they aim to have sex with by the end of the year. I might PM later

Thanks for responding

(Original post by Rabbit2)
    Believe me, it's MUCH MUCH better to be alone, and NOT be in a relationship where the other person is constantly beating on you, and running you down in public and private both. You have plenty of time, and should select a partner carefully, to get someone who is not only easy to get along with, intelligent, but that also can 'bring something to the table' - i.e. can earn a decent amount of money. I'm a guy, and i've gone through a number of gals that wanted to (and did) use me for a punching bag. They had 'issues' with their dad or uncle(s), and figured that i was a good surrogate to take out their frustrations on. You are also much better off without an alcoholic or druggie partner. Not only is this a waste of money, it exposes you to the risk of living with someone who could well be dangerous when intoxicated. It's better to be alone, safe, and un-abused, than to be with someone who puts you at risk, and wastes your money. Take your time. You've got plenty of it left. Cheers.
    But your only saying the negatives, not all girls are like that, like I for one am not like that at all. I want a good relationship not bad....I mean it would be nice to experience something, I've been alone for so long I just feel like I'm unwanted or something if you understand what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    But your only saying the negatives, not all girls are like that, like I for one am not like that at all. I want a good relationship not bad....I mean it would be nice to experience something, I've been alone for so long I just feel like I'm unwanted or something if you understand what I mean.
    Yes, i do. But the divorce rate [in western societies] is slightly over 50%. This tells me that most people are not very good at selecting a partner. I seem to attract the abusive ones. In addition, the non-abusive ones, have probably teamed up with a guy that is at least marginally acceptable, and hence are 'out of the market'.

I met a gal when i was overseas. She and i got along fine, and traveled around europe for about 10 days. I was just about to ask her to move in with me when we got back to the states, when i discovered that my state [Virginia], had a provision in the state code, that 'sharing living quarters with someone of the other sex that you were not married to' was a felony. With that kind of a conviction on my record, i would NEVER be able to get another job in engineering. I was also not crazy enough to marry someone that i'd known for 10 days either. I know a guy that did [he actually knew her for a week]. Amazingly, it seemed to work. I met them in a bank about 8 yrs later, and they were still together & living overseas. Me 'rents' wouldn't let me date in high school or college. I didn't start trying to socalize until after i'd graduated with my engineering degree. Needless to say - i didn't have the foggiest idea what i was doing. Actually, i still don't.

They repealed the 'felony' clause in 1983, & i tried to attract someone then, but i got the usual bunch of abusive peeps looking for something to beat on. I got that all the way through elementary school and high school, so i'm not up for any more!!

Anyway, i got to get out of the cybercafe here [it's after 6 pm in D.C.], and go eat dinner. Take care - you've got plenty of time [IMHO]. Cheers.

(Original post by Rabbit2)
    Yes, i do. But the divorce rate [in western societies] is slightly over 50%. This tells me that most people are not very good at selecting a partner. I seem to attract the abusive ones. In addition, the non-abusive ones, have probably teamed up with a guy that is at least marginally acceptable, and hence are 'out of the market'.

I met a gal when i was overseas. She and i got along fine, and traveled around europe for about 10 days. I was just about to ask her to move in with me when we got back to the states, when i discovered that my state [Virginia], had a provision in the state code, that 'sharing living quarters with someone of the other sex that you were not married to' was a felony. With that kind of a conviction on my record, i would NEVER be able to get another job in engineering. I was also not crazy enough to marry someone that i'd known for 10 days either. I know a guy that did [he actually knew her for a week]. Amazingly, it seemed to work. I met them in a bank about 8 yrs later, and they were still together & living overseas. Me 'rents' wouldn't let me date in high school or college. I didn't start trying to socalize until after i'd graduated with my engineering degree. Needless to say - i didn't have the foggiest idea what i was doing. Actually, i still don't.

They repealed the 'felony' clause in 1983, & i tried to attract someone then, but i got the usual bunch of abusive peeps looking for something to beat on. I got that all the way through elementary school and high school, so i'm not up for any more!!

Anyway, i got to get out of the cybercafe here [it's after 6 pm in D.C.], and go eat dinner. Take care - you've got plenty of time [IMHO]. Cheers.
    Ok that went different to how I expect.

I still feel hopeless

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I understand, I know a lot of girls who are literally just picking out guys at uni they aim to have sex with by the end of the year. I might PM later

Thanks for responding
    Yes do It would be good to talk about it

No need to be thankful

ReputationRep:
    Ok that went different to how I expect.

I still feel hopeless
    Why do you think that there's been an uptick in dating sites for 'over 50 yr olds'???? If life ends at 25, why are so many people flocking to these sites???

I would recommend concentrating on your studies, gain a salable profession, and things will work themselves out. Once you get your academic work behind you, you'll have plenty of time to socialize. Best of luck!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't worry, you'll be fine.

You can do online dating (POF, OkCupid to name a few), meet men through speed dating, joining clubs out of interest, through your hobbies, through work, through meet ups, through your network and going out.

Have fun, enjoy your life, do things that make you happy

Be confident and you have much right as everyone and you deserve all the good things in life.

Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.