Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BSc or BA Management/Economics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Am visiting a uni on an Applicant Day soon and have applied for BSc Management with a year in industry at this particular uni. However, I have discovered that said uni also offers a BA in Economics and Management.

The other courses I have applied for are all Management with Marketing, which I feel may be more useful and interesting than pure Management, but is not offered by this uni - thus I am investigating the possibility of asking whether I would be able to change my choice to the other course.

I study Economics at A-Level and am really interested by it, and the prospect of a course where I am allowed to get up to speed with the maths skills involved (I do not take Maths at A-Level, but got a B at GCSE) is tantalising. The course does not seem to have as much mathematical rigour as BSc Economics courses.

Which of the two courses would be more respected by employers in a vaguely business related context? Would the addition of Economics but making the course a BA would give me the edge, or should I not bother?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.