The Student Room Group

Reach for the Stars!!!- Yr 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nyxnko_
True :yes:
I'm going to apply for NatSci at 4 unis and then Chem and Maths at Leeds, which will probably be my insurance if I do get the offer

Wow that's really good! Have you decided on the unis yet?:smile:
Original post by sunshine774
Wow that's really good! Have you decided on the unis yet?:smile:

Yep. I'm thinking about Cambridge, Durham and then I'm kinda just wandering around between Exeter, Keele, Nottingham and Leeds for the last 2 :tongue:
What about you? Are you excited for uni?
Original post by nyxnko_
Yep. I'm thinking about Cambridge, Durham and then I'm kinda just wandering around between Exeter, Keele, Nottingham and Leeds for the last 2 :tongue:
What about you? Are you excited for uni?

All lovely unis!:smile: My firm is LSE and yes I'm soo excited!
All lovely unis!:smile: My firm is LSE and yes I'm soo excited!

Thank you! :love:
Ooh London! :london: I would be very excited too :laugh:
Original post by nyxnko_
Thank you! :love:
Ooh London! :london: I would be very excited too :laugh:

Yeah! Do you love in London? And I am, it's going to be a new life :tongue:
Yeah! Do you love in London? And I am, it's going to be a new life :tongue:

No, I don't live in London but it is a very nice place :yep:
Original post by nyxnko_
No, I don't live in London but it is a very nice place :yep:

Oh lol ofc you don't even live in this country!:tongue: Sorry, my brain is completely fried after exams :s-smilie: Yes, I agree!
Oh lol ofc you don't even live in this country!:tongue: Sorry, my brain is completely fried after exams :s-smilie: Yes, I agree!

Easy to forget :wink:
I don't blame you :laugh: A-levels are hard :sadnod:
Ofc you won't!! True!:tongue: Thank you! Wow that's soon! One of my friends does IB and her results day is so soon on the 5th July! I'm sure you'll do really well and let me know how you get on :h: I actually don't mind waiting- I'd like to forget about the exams for a while!

Cool cool. Glad to hear you're satisfied with how it's all gone now!
Glad to see you've made your bucket list for the summer as wow you've got a lot of things planned.
I've got a lot of things planned too but haha it's for "the virtual world" as I play videogames :tongue:

I noted about the whole gym thing... I thought I was going to have loads of time for that during uni but even then it's kind of long! Wasted money kind of with the gym membership and don't think I'll be getting it for this year. Plus as the gym wasn't too close to me I couldn't be bothered going to it when it was getting colder! So that was like October- Feb or something crazy!? After that anyway in 2nd term uni work increased further and the whole gym went out of my mind haha.

Main thing I'm working on over the summer is sorting out my gym music playlist :biggrin:. I might try out jogging to uni or something... did it before but took me like 40 mins so I could probably cut it down to 30mins which isn't too bad as I wouldn't be travelling to uni (which takes about 30 mins anyway + have to pay for travel). We shall see!
Original post by pereira325
Cool cool. Glad to hear you're satisfied with how it's all gone now!
Glad to see you've made your bucket list for the summer as wow you've got a lot of things planned.
I've got a lot of things planned too but haha it's for "the virtual world" as I play videogames :tongue:

I noted about the whole gym thing... I thought I was going to have loads of time for that during uni but even then it's kind of long! Wasted money kind of with the gym membership and don't think I'll be getting it for this year. Plus as the gym wasn't too close to me I couldn't be bothered going to it when it was getting colder! So that was like October- Feb or something crazy!? After that anyway in 2nd term uni work increased further and the whole gym went out of my mind haha.

Main thing I'm working on over the summer is sorting out my gym music playlist :biggrin:. I might try out jogging to uni or something... did it before but took me like 40 mins so I could probably cut it down to 30mins which isn't too bad as I wouldn't be travelling to uni (which takes about 30 mins anyway + have to pay for travel). We shall see!

Thanks! Sounds good :tongue: How much did it cost? You must be so busy!! That's actually a really good idea! Who are your favourite artists?:smile:
Aww you'll be fine dw x yeah I heard afterwards!! Edexcel always let this happen...

You'll be fine dw I believe in you!x I'm sure you did well!

:tongue: Yes you are!

I'm really hoping for an A grade in maths now as I know for sure I can't get an A*. I'm also at risk of getting a B grade as M1 went really bad.
Original post by nyxnko_
Easy to forget :wink:
I don't blame you :laugh: A-levels are hard :sadnod:

:tongue: And yes definitely!! But also very rewarding!
Original post by Neeta211
I'm really hoping for an A grade in maths now as I know for sure I can't get an A*. I'm also at risk of getting a B grade as M1 went really bad.

You'll be fine, just have faith!:smile: I'm sure you will get an A*! There's no way you know for sure you haven't! How's your summer going?:biggrin:
Thanks! Sounds good :tongue: How much did it cost? You must be so busy!! That's actually a really good idea! Who are your favourite artists?:smile:

Think it was £25 a month D:, so didn't really think it through... Gym access isn't cheap eh!
Everyone uses their time at uni differently I guess. In 2nd year I'll definitely be spending more time revising haha.
I like pop music as it's easy for me to sing along really haha, and I don't get bored listening... I'm not really great at studying whilst listening to music so the only times I do listen is whilst travelling or doing exercise... I like songs from artists like Duo lipa, Zayn, charlie puth, shawn mendes, magic and maroon 5. Yeah some songs are slower so I'm in the process of making 2 playlists, lol. One for songs that will get me "pumped" and one for songs which is to relax with.
You'll be fine, just have faith!:smile: I'm sure you will get an A*! There's no way you know for sure you haven't! How's your summer going?:biggrin:

Sorry for the extremely late reply. And thank you for the reassurance. I hope you're right. My summer is going well. I have a trip to Canada planned for next week. How is your summer going? :smile:
Think it was £25 a month D:, so didn't really think it through... Gym access isn't cheap eh!
Everyone uses their time at uni differently I guess. In 2nd year I'll definitely be spending more time revising haha.
I like pop music as it's easy for me to sing along really haha, and I don't get bored listening... I'm not really great at studying whilst listening to music so the only times I do listen is whilst travelling or doing exercise... I like songs from artists like Duo lipa, Zayn, charlie puth, shawn mendes, magic and maroon 5. Yeah some songs are slower so I'm in the process of making 2 playlists, lol. One for songs that will get me "pumped" and one for songs which is to relax with.

I love all of those artists :tongue: How is your summer going? How were your results?:smile:
Original post by Neeta211
Sorry for the extremely late reply. And thank you for the reassurance. I hope you're right. My summer is going well. I have a trip to Canada planned for next week. How is your summer going? :smile:

I am, dw!:tongue: That's great! How long are you going for? It's going really well thanks :h:
I love all of those artists :tongue: How is your summer going? How were your results?:smile:

Haha. That's great. Most of my friends don't seem to like pop music. Think it's unmanly or something :tongue:. I can't help what I like listening too

Results were disappointing slightly. I missed out on a first by <1% and it was because in 2 exams I got 50 something which pulled my average down :frown:
It's not the end of the world at all though and I know I didn't operate anywhere near 100% so I'm hoping I'll knuckle down for 2nd year and blow it out of the water!

In the final stretch of summer kind of now so it's relaxing and I've gotten a chance to look back on my CV and make updates for that and find more stuff to put on it... aaaaaaaand yeah I'm kind of ready to go back to uni again although I think that's just over a month away.

RE results day for you... that's in a couple days so best of luck!!! I dunno if you'll be closing this thread and making a new one for uni or something :smile:
Also, remember there are some decent deals on results day for food :biggrin:
@sunshine774 We're behind you - good luck for tomorrow!
Haha. That's great. Most of my friends don't seem to like pop music. Think it's unmanly or something :tongue:. I can't help what I like listening too

Results were disappointing slightly. I missed out on a first by <1% and it was because in 2 exams I got 50 something which pulled my average down :frown:
It's not the end of the world at all though and I know I didn't operate anywhere near 100% so I'm hoping I'll knuckle down for 2nd year and blow it out of the water!

In the final stretch of summer kind of now so it's relaxing and I've gotten a chance to look back on my CV and make updates for that and find more stuff to put on it... aaaaaaaand yeah I'm kind of ready to go back to uni again although I think that's just over a month away.

RE results day for you... that's in a couple days so best of luck!!! I dunno if you'll be closing this thread and making a new one for uni or something :smile:
Also, remember there are some decent deals on results day for food :biggrin:

:tongue: A 2:1 is still amazing well done!! I'm sure you'll smash it next year!:h: I'll probably open a new one, but I'll see

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending