Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Oh right! I remember when I was in year 10 feels like 10 years ago What GCSE's are you taking?
    maths
    english x2
    bio
    chem
    physics
    re
    spanish
    pe
    history
    geography

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    That’s true. In the new specification you have to do half of S1 and M1 for A-Level Maths.
    Ohh are you doing the new spec? What do you think of S1? S2 is a million times easier!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    maths
    english x2
    bio
    chem
    physics
    re
    spanish
    pe
    history
    geography

Nice! I did the same as you, but instead of the last 3 I did Business Studies, Computing and Food and Nutrition What's your favourite subject and how are you finding GCSE's so far?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh are you doing the new spec? What do you think of S1? S2 is a million times easier!!
    Yeah. It’s pretty boring to be honest, M1 is better.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. It’s pretty boring to be honest, M1 is better.
    Exactly I've barely done any M1, but it's certainly more interesting! I'm guessing because you do physics you like it too?

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday 28th February 2018
    I haven't updated in a while as I've been pretty ill probably because of the weather! But I feel a bit better now! And I'm SO happy cos we have a day off college tomorrow because of the snow! I also really need the time tbh I have loads of work to do and I REALLY need to start proper revision for mocks- they're in 3 weeks.

Maths: So today I only had one lesson which was maths! We managed to finish chapter 6 of S2 (it's quite short) on sampling but I really don't like it. It's pretty straightforward but there's a lot of writing involved and it doesn't feel like maths I much prefer 'proper' maths like integration! Also we have an integration test on Friday and I haven't done much for it as I've been ill. I'm counting on not going in on Friday so hopefully we'll miss it!

Tomorrow I plan on doing loads seeing as I'm not going to college. I need to revise for integration, revise chapter 6 for maths and do maths homework. When I revise for maths I watch exam solutions videos and make notes, then I do all the questions in the textbook and then do past paper questions by topic on physics and maths tutor. And then next Tuesday we'll have a test on an organic chemistry chapter and I need to revise for that especially as organic chemistry is not my strongest area!

I need to do LOADS for economics. I barely ever do any work for, I need to start writing all (well the important!) essays! I need to write an essay on poverty and inequality that I never wrote oops. And I need to make notes on AD and AS from last year on poverty and inequality. I still have no AS notes for econ I really need to get a move on...

I'm also gonna finish my AS chem notes but I'm very nearly done! I've also not looked at ANY of the AS FM I self taught over the summer, or S1 which I'm retaking! If I have any time, I'll do this tomorrow (or Friday if we hopefully don't have to go in) but generally I plan to do AS stuff, as it's 'easier' at the weekend.

So tomorrow I'm going to wake up at 5 and start my work at 8. I plan to work all day (although I'll obviously take breaks.) I also have some workouts planned for me to do throughout the day

My inspirational quote for today is:
    "Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."- Unknown
    Hello!
    (Lowkey stalked your profile after you quoted me elsewhere lmao)
    Good luck with a-levels, you’ve got an interesting bunch also gosh well done on getting a uni offer
    Hope you’re feeling better soon and manage to get all the work done! Enjoy the snow

ReputationRep:
    Exactly I've barely done any M1, but it's certainly more interesting! I'm guessing because you do physics you like it too?
    Yeah I do Physics too. Statistics is generally boring in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    Hello!
    (Lowkey stalked your profile after you quoted me elsewhere lmao)
    Good luck with a-levels, you’ve got an interesting bunch also gosh well done on getting a uni offer
    Hope you’re feeling better soon and manage to get all the work done! Enjoy the snow
    Lol dw Do you mind if I quote you when I update? Thanks! Are you doing GCSE's? I will so glad I don't have to go to college

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do Physics too. Statistics is generally boring in my opinion.
    I swear you do really hard a levels! Yeah it is and I still took S2...

ReputationRep:
    Lol dw Do you mind if I quote you when I update? Thanks! Are you doing GCSE's? I will so glad I don't have to go to college
    Of course not;tag me whenever
    Yep, year 11 whoop whoop
    Have you got another snow day tomorrow?!

ReputationRep:
    I swear you do really hard a levels! Yeah it is and I still took S2...
    How is S2? I know it’s definitely better than S1 lol. It’s not like you’re doing easy subjects haha.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday 1st March 2018
    It's officially Spring today! And it was a snow day which was great! I managed to do lots of work today, everything that I said I'd do today so I'm happy about that! Also, our boiler won't ignite so now we have no hot water or heating And the engineers couldn't come cos they were snowed in but hopefully it'll get fixed soon it's absolutely freezing!! And I'm soo happy there's another snow day tomorrow

Today I did 10 Pomodoro's which were 30 mins each so I did 5 hours of revision I'm so glad I started using the Pomodoro technique I barely procrastinate now I'd definitely recommend it! We have an integration test on Friday (well Wednesday now ) so I was revising for that. I watched exam solutions videos and did a few past paper questions. Then after this I did more maths and did all the questions for sampling in S2. It's a VERY boring chapter but very straightforward!

After this, I finished watching snaprevise videos for chemistry for our test on Tuesday. Then, I decided I needed to do economics (I never do) so I started revising the AS content by watching Econplusdal videos. Compared to A2 stuff, it seems REALLY easy now! I can't believe I used to think it was hard Tomorrow I need to do the online immersive assessment for my Deloitte application. I really need to do all my homework too, I have a habit of prioritising revision and then not doing hw or rushing it too much! I'm also going to start writing economics essays. I am SO grateful for these snow days as I have so much work to do, but hopefully I'll get through it! My mocks are in 3 weeks so I need to make the most of this time so that I can meet my predicted grades and my personal target grades. Hope everybody enjoyed their snow day!

My inspirational quote for today is:
    "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."- Zig Ziglar

ReputationRep:
    Of course not;tag me whenever
    Yep, year 11 whoop whoop
    Have you got another snow day tomorrow?!
    How are you finding yr 11 and what subjects are you doing? Yes it's snowing so much rn!! I'm so lazy I'm hoping I don't have to go to work tomorrow either

ReputationRep:
    How is S2? I know it’s definitely better than S1 lol. It’s not like you’re doing easy subjects haha.
    It's a lot easier than S1, (but tbh this could just be because I revise properly now and last year I dunno what I was doing!) It's still pretty dull, but I guess I'm good at it! And all stats is boring anyway Everybody says that but it's really not that bad!

ReputationRep:
    It's a lot easier than S1, (but tbh this could just be because I revise properly now and last year I dunno what I was doing!) It's still pretty dull, but I guess I'm good at it! And all stats is boring anyway Everybody says that but it's really not that bad!
    That’s good that you’re finding S2 easy. Yeah Statistics in general is dull.

ReputationRep:
    How are you finding yr 11 and what subjects are you doing? Yes it's snowing so much rn!! I'm so lazy I'm hoping I don't have to go to work tomorrow either
    My thoughts on year 11 are pretty equally divided into three categories: horrible, okayish and awesome...
    hope you've had a lovely day that'd be a lot of snow days

EDIT: oh shoot zoned out and forgot part of my response!
    I do maths, add maths, English literature, English language, separate (triple) sciences, music, history, mandarin and French

ReputationRep:
    I agree that S2 is easier than S1
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts on year 11 are pretty equally divided into three categories: horrible, okayish and awesome...
    hope you've had a lovely day that'd be a lot of snow days

EDIT: oh shoot zoned out and forgot part of my response!
    I do maths, add maths, English literature, English language, separate (triple) sciences, music, history, mandarin and French
    That's very varied! Yeah unfortunately (but I'm kinda glad it didn't snow actually I had to go in!) What's your favourite subject? Do you know what you want to take at A Level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    I agree that S2 is easier than S1
    I'm glad you agree! Are you currently studying S2?

ReputationRep:
    That’s good that you’re finding S2 easy. Yeah Statistics in general is dull.
    Yeah definitely

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.