Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Personal Statement watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am working on my personal statement. I need to know all important information which may help me to make it strong enough. Also, I am little bit confused about the answer to the question "Why have you desiged to choose the course".

Is there section with top personal statements? If there is send me link pls

For the question "Why have you deсided to choose this course", am i suppose to consider as reasons the high qullikation of tutors or partnership programs and so on? OR just it is enough to say that i love this realm of course?

For the question "Why have you deсided to choose this course", am i suppose to consider as reasons the high qullikation of tutors or partnership programs and so on? OR just it is enough to say that i love this realm of course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlimNi)
    I am working on my personal statement. I need to know all important information which may help me to make it strong enough. Also, I am little bit confused about the answer to the question "Why have you desiged to choose the course".
    So your personal statement needs to included why you are passionate about the course and why you should be chosen to study it. You need to include any work experience and extra-curricular activities that apply to the course and help to emphasise your passion for it. You need to talk about your subjects and how they relate and can help to the course at hand. Any extra reading related to the course will really help to strengthen a personal statement too as it shows your interest.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bad idea. UCAS will flag any similarities and the universities see that. It’s really easy to get flagged so write what you think and then get a teacher/parent to help with anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Bad idea. UCAS are really good at flagging up similarities and they will notify your universities. While that isn’t quite plagiarism it isn’t a fantastic reflection of you. Write what you think is best, including key pieces of info and get help from a teacher or parent.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    These aren't necessarily all "top", but there are some good ones in this database:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...nts-by-subject

Reading this guide is helpful:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...nt-in-10-steps

there's also an FAQ here you may wish to look at:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4973716
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I'd talk more about what is it in that subject that you like and why you'd like to study that subject in particular for 3+ years.

If you have particular areas of interest, you may want to bring them up and say why you're interested in that specifically.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    What sort of ps are you writing?

ReputationRep:
    You can also highlight your interest in specific modules, showing that you have done some research into the structure of the course.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ruthflame57)
    Bad idea. UCAS will flag any similarities and the universities see that. It’s really easy to get flagged so write what you think and then get a teacher/parent to help with anything else.
    On the other hand, it may be helpful to get an idea of what makes a PS good

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.