Turn on thread page Beta

best friend made me feel so awful about myself watch

Yesterday, i went out clubbing with some friends (which i normally hate), and we are 18, and the night was going okay.
    My best friend, halfway through the night, pulled me out of the club and started crying to me loads while she was sat on the kerb. Bearing in mind i was completely sober, and she had only had one beer. She started crying saying that she's so ugly (which she's not, she's gorgeous, a model compared to me), and how she's going to be forever alone (again rubbish, she's had loads of boys interested in her). I obviously consoled her, and then she brought up how every one of her best friends is in a relationship, a fact which doesn't bother me because were 18 and id rather focus on school right now. I point out, saying that im not in a relationship, (and have never ever had any boy even remotely interested in me, although i didn't say this), and she just disregards this saying that 'i don't count', which i don't even understand???
    So basically, she's left me feeling terrible, i got my mum to pick me up early, and i cried out of frustration for a long time because i am ALWAYS the one comforting friends, giving them advice etc, when (although its my own fault), i rarely express emotion as i don't want to appear vulnerable, so it sometimes seems as if im everyones counsellor 24/7, but that no one knows anything about me or cares about me at all.

ALSO, im barely insecure at all, but right now i feel as if i will be forever alone lol

pls help what should i do???? my mum says i should distance myself from her, but I've been best friends with her for years

ReputationRep:
    similar thing happened to me!!!
    Im 17, and have never been in a relationship or done anything, and she always goes on about how ugly and alone she is, when she knows full well that she's 'doing better' than me
    Good luck

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You’re friend obviously cares about you somewhat if she was able to open up to you like that. You’re getting quite hung up on one that thing she said. It might just be that your friends see you as someone who they can bring their problems to and that you don’t really open up too much.

she doesn't sound like a real friend. sounds to me like you're the Murial who have latched onto the popular b itchy girl gang who don't appreciate you and just like having you around because you make them feel better about themselves and because you're the trustworthy one. ditch her and get some proper friends who appreciate you for who you are

(Original post by Anonymous)
    she doesn't sound like a real friend. sounds to me like you're the Murial who have latched onto the popular b itchy girl gang who don't appreciate you and just like having you around because you make them feel better about themselves and because you're the trustworthy one. ditch her and get some proper friends who appreciate you for who you are
    but thats the thing!!!! while i would agree that we are the popular *****y gang, im very different to all of my friends, but i am without a doubt, not 'latching on', as i am always one of the main ones invited everywhere etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    how'd you come to this conclusion about total strangers

ReputationRep:
    pm me if you want to talk!!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.