The Student Room Group

Incorrect grade recieved in Uni exam?

I'm a second year student and I recently just sat my exams. From the exams I sat, I was highty confident in just one of them. I answered all the questions; mcqs, short answers and an essay question. I included all the information I learnt throughout lectures, including my own research. I was convinced that I had answered the majority of them correctly and up to standard. However, my grade says otherwise. I recieved a grade of 16.5% for the exam. I have never gotten below a 60% during my time in uni and this baffles me completely. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how they have approached it. It's causing me distress and I just want answers.
Original post by Mayalowe
I'm a second year student and I recently just sat my exams. From the exams I sat, I was highty confident in just one of them. I answered all the questions; mcqs, short answers and an essay question. I included all the information I learnt throughout lectures, including my own research. I was convinced that I had answered the majority of them correctly and up to standard. However, my grade says otherwise. I recieved a grade of 16.5% for the exam. I have never gotten below a 60% during my time in uni and this baffles me completely. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how they have approached it. It's causing me distress and I just want answers.

You need to speak to the subject head for feedback and they should be able to give you a breakdown of where you went wrong.

I have to say that amount of revision and confidence is not an accurate predictor of exam success. I have seen people go in terrified and come out with cracking grades, equally I've seen others that did 100s of hours of revision but do terribly because they failed to understand key concepts.

Significant grading errors (ie; not a couple of marks here or there but dropping whole grade boundaries) are relatively rare but do occasionally happen. If you are a victim of this you can appeal to the university and escalate things if necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending