Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't meet the entry requirements at the moment, however if I was to sign up for an access course and do a maths equivalent this year, could I still apply to uni now and get a conditional based on completely access beforehand?

Is it possible to do in 5 months with extreme commitment?

We are potentially moving so I would be applying to Staffordshire, wolverhampton or bham. Does anyone know what the spaces are like for the these?

Is it best to get the courses done and wait for clearing?

Sorry for so many questions! It is probably completely unachievable but Im hoping there's someone on here to change my perception!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mrsdaz)
    I don't meet the entry requirements at the moment, however if I was to sign up for an access course and do a maths equivalent this year, could I still apply to uni now and get a conditional based on completely access beforehand?

Is it possible to do in 5 months with extreme commitment?

We are potentially moving so I would be applying to Staffordshire, wolverhampton or bham. Does anyone know what the spaces are like for the these?

Is it best to get the courses done and wait for clearing?

Sorry for so many questions! It is probably completely unachievable but Im hoping there's someone on here to change my perception!
    Hi, the ucas deadline for September 2018 has ended, however some universities will accept applications after ucas has closed.
    You will probably need to have started an access course before you applied though as without working towards or having the qualifications needed, your application may be rejected.
    It may be possible to complete an online access course in time to start in September, however I am not sure about completing maths GCSE or equivalent online so you may not be able to do that in time.
    It may be best to hold off for Spring entry if the universities you mentioned have a spring 2019 start for mental health nursing or wait for September 2019. This would give you more time to consider all your options of access courses (online & at local colleges) and the maths qualification. It will also give you time to write your personal statement and as you will be applying when the ucas application window is open you will know your application will be given consideration by the universities you want to apply to.
    I hope this helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.