Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will start my course in 2018 and just wondering which is the best accomodation for a Law-student-to be?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SzabinaH)
    I will start my course in 2018 and just wondering which is the best accomodation for a Law-student-to be?
    Hi

Firstly, you need to decide what type of accommodation you are looking for - catered, self-catered, en suite or shared bathroom. Then take a look at the website at the different halls available at Reading.

Here is the website:
    http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...mmodation.aspx

I found it helpful to see pictures of the halls to see whether they seemed right for me! If you have looked round the university before maybe you have some idea of what you might like. However, if not I'd suggest coming for a tour to get a better feel!

To point you in the right direction, Park Group has a wide range of different halls such as Greenow and McCombie and Stenton Halls.

Take a look at the website, and if you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Sophie
    Final year Philosophy student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    Hi

Firstly, you need to decide what type of accommodation you are looking for - catered, self-catered, en suite or shared bathroom. Then take a look at the website at the different halls available at Reading.

Here is the website:
    http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...mmodation.aspx

I found it helpful to see pictures of the halls to see whether they seemed right for me! If you have looked round the university before maybe you have some idea of what you might like. However, if not I'd suggest coming for a tour to get a better feel!

To point you in the right direction, Park Group has a wide range of different halls such as Greenow and McCombie and Stenton Halls.

Take a look at the website, and if you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Sophie
    Final year Philosophy student
    Thank you for your answer. Price is the most sensitive part of my decision as I will financially support myself and deos not have any family.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SzabinaH)
    Thank you for your answer. Price is the most sensitive part of my decision as I will financially support myself and deos not have any family.
    Hello

Glad we could help you!

I completely understand your concern with the price issue, I wanted to try and live in the cheapest halls when I was in first year! The cheapest halls are Wessex, near Bridges some of these have a washbasin in them and have also been recently renovated!

Also, you often find that catered halls can actually work out cheaper (such as Windsor in Park Group) so it may be worth looking at these too!

Hope this helps and let us know if you have anymore questions!

Alice
    Food Science Placement Student

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.